Capital One - Transfer Fee?

Options
Hi

I'm considering transfering a couple of soon to expire 0% cards to Capital One. Like most cards, they are quoting a 2% transfer fee but I've never actually been charged it before with other cards. What are other peoples experiance with Capital One, do they charge the transfer fee? With £20k to transfer there's £400 at stake.

Thanks

Brian

Comments

• j_dlaw
    j_dlaw Posts: 375 Forumite
    Options
    Not for me they haven't and I've done around 6 timese since opening the card. This is cool because I've got it at 0% for 18 months and can keep it maxed out by paying off my Sainsburys CC each month.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If it's the new Cap One "until Jan 07" offer, then the fee is 2% no max. There are occasionally "fee-free" offers on 9 month paper form flyers and the last 18 month online offer earlier this year for example, but this new Cap One offer definately has a 2% fee payable with NO CAP.
  • briview
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I've done my sums and IF I've worked it correctly, I'll save more money by going for another card like Lloyds TSB. The apparent benefits of 15 months 0% of the Capital One are out weighed by zero BT fee and 2% (rather than 3%) minimum payment that other cards offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure