Ib

Options
Any way around the ruling that if you have an occupational pension you loss some of I/ Benifit

Comments

• healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Your IB is not reduced in the following 4 cases:

* you are entitled to DLA highest rate care component; or

* the pension payments are in connection with the death of the pension scheme member; or

* you were entitled to IB before 6.4.01 and are still in the same period of incapacity for work. In this case there is no reduction for existing or future pensions unless you lose entitlement to IB for more than 8 weeks, or longer if the special linking rules for work and training apply; or

* you were under the age of 20 on 5.4.01 and continued to be entitled to severe disablement allowance (SDA) until being transferred onto no-contribution IB after 5.4.02.
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    higgie wrote:
    Any way around the ruling that if you have an occupational pension you loss some of I/ Benifit

NAFAIK if it is a relatively recent claim(i.e after 2002). My husband's IB is reduced because of his teacher's pension.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure