Stocks and shares ISA exit fees?

Options
Hi all

I'm wondering if there is any recourse against paying stocks and shares ISA exit fees. I want to transfer to another broker but the exit fee for closing the account with Halifax is very high and prevents me from doing so. I should have checked the account more carefuly when I opened it for sure but I am wondering if anybody had any advice or insights on this topic, or any personal experience with it.

Thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm wondering if there is any recourse against paying stocks and shares ISA exit fees.

None at all.
    I should have checked the account more carefuly when I opened it

Exactly.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • niord
    niord Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks dunstonh although I did find your reply somewhat unfriendly and I did not ask for any moral judgment to be made on my actions.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 June 2009 at 1:57PM
    Options
    although I did find your reply somewhat unfriendly
    Why say more when there is no need to. I could have fluffed it up a bit but it would still have said the same. So short and to the point is all that is required.
    I did not ask for any moral judgment to be made on my actions.
    You didnt ask not to either. I didnt ask for a judgement on my reply but you gave one. You clearly said you should have checked. I agreed with you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • niord
    niord Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Fair enough. You certainly do have a high economy of language.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure