SOA and Diary of a Former Debt Denier

124»

Comments

• I found that when I needed to reduce my grocery bill I took out the cash first and stuck to that per week, instead of using my debit card, this really worked because if made me think twice before putting any un-necessaries into the trolly. I would always carry my card as back-up but never actually used it, any funds over for the week were put straight back into the pot ready for next week. This actually helped, albeit it fiddley. Although I love my debit card, it really is a nightmare because when you hand over cash, you know exactly where you are, there are always nasty surprises with your debit card, even the following day when you check your account, there is something you forget.
  • Hi,

Is there any opportunity for you to grow any of your own fruit/vegetables? I often see people selling spare tomato plants and others and this could help to reduce your grocery shop in the long run. I've only just bought some myself so can't claim to be an expert but it could be worth a try!!!
    Speculate to accumulate, Rodney. He who dares wins.
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    welcome to the boards.
    Another thought i know little ones need lots of clothes as they grow rapidly (but rarely use them out) but are there any nearly new sales near you? Charity shops etc or are there people in a parent and todler group you may go to with babies the next size up? you could swap or even try and recoup some money from selling your babies outgrown clothes to help with the next size up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure