Fun & Games - PIP

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Tommo1980 wrote: »
    It is also ridiculous to keep blathering on about the ex prime ministers who claimed DLA. They were claiming for a child! Cameron's son required round the clock care and is now dead.

Why shouldn't the system be there to support children with disabilities, irrespective of their parents income.

Well said

Unfortunately, another one of Rockingbilly's distraction techniques
  • Tommo1980 wrote: »
    It is also ridiculous to keep blathering on about the ex prime ministers who claimed DLA. They were claiming for a child! Cameron's son required round the clock care and is now dead.

Why shouldn't the system be there to support children with disabilities, irrespective of their parents income.

But did they need the money?

I stand accused of not needing the money as I have a good income already and don't have any extra costs.
  • poppy12345 wrote: »
    I use all of my extras to fund my disability including my PIP. As others do i'm sure. What did you use yours for, oh yes you didn't you gave it away to your kids because like you said "you didn't need the money" I rest my case....

If people were honest enough it wouldn't surprise me that many actually don't have any extra costs. What should they do? Not make a claim? I would think that most would keep quiet and say nothing using the money for other things than extras brought about because of a disability.

I would love someone who doesn't have extra costs explain to me what they do with their DLA/PIP payments together with the extra received when claiming a means tested benefit.
  • Anyhow this thread is going way off.

I now know what to do and will fight the DWP in any way possible to ensure that what is rightfully mine is paid to me. What I choose to do with the money is down to me.
  • NeilCr wrote: »
    Well said

Unfortunately, another one of Rockingbilly's distraction techniques

I read, but correct me if I am wrong, that you are a volunteer benefit advisor based in the West Country.
    Now for someone to profess to be engaged in that activity do you normally deal with people that you are trying to help gain PIP in the same way that you are making comments about my claim?
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    But did they need the money?

I stand accused of not needing the money as I have a good income already and don't have any extra costs.
    You're standing accused of being a hypocrite. You say you do not need the money and yet complain about the overall disability budget being too high. But my main concern is you do continually try to distract and deceive and that leads me to my original view that what you write should be assumed to be for effect more than substance. Hence you are difficult to advise... I've never been happy to accept you never took seriously the PIP descriptors in your application or that you didn't read your PIP2 before signing and sending. All I can say is that I appreciate that some of your behaviours and claims may ironically be indicative of why you should indeed qualify for PIP and in that regard I can only wish you the best of luck... I don't really think any further advice can be safely given.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • You're standing accused of being a hypocrite. You say you do not need the money and yet complain about the overall disability budget being too high. But my main concern is you do continually try to distract and deceive and that leads me to my original view that what you write should be assumed to be for effect more than substance. Hence you are difficult to advise... I've never been happy to accept you never took seriously the PIP descriptors in your application or that you didn't read your PIP2 before signing and sending. All I can say is that I appreciate that some of your behaviours and claims may ironically be indicative of why you should indeed qualify for PIP and in that regard I can only wish you the best of luck... I don't really think any further advice can be safely given.
    I think that most would agree that the DLA budget was out of control by the end.
    Yes of course I looked at the descriptors - that was the very reason that I wanted help to fill out the form. At the time I could not, in my mind, work out how they would apply to me. They seemed so narrow. Obviously I found out later on here that you have to look at them with a different view point.
    I didn't have any input into what was written on the form other than to answer questions put to me. I did look at the completed from but only so far as to get beyond the first 5 or so pages. I did notice that bits were not as inclusive as I had described - medicines etc.
    But given that I was up against the clock to get the form back to the DWP I never got the chance for someone else to review what the form said. In fact for most of it the handwriting was so bad that I could not understand it.
    The form was filled in on the Monday and it had to be back with the DWP by the Friday Hence posted Special Delivery on Thursday am.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I read, but correct me if I am wrong, that you are a volunteer benefit advisor based in the West Country.
    Now for someone to profess to be engaged in that activity do you normally deal with people that you are trying to help gain PIP in the same way that you are making comments about my claim?

You read wrong. As usual

I deal with people face to face regularly and help them the best way I can. I try to help people on here if I can. But I am not "at work" when posting on here. I don't have to observe the niceties that I do there and just occasionally someone pees me off and I get a chance to rant. So here you go

We are literally rushed off our feet. The vast majority of us are volunteers who give their time and trouble to help people who need support, advice, assistance whatever. You've openly said on here that you have a top of the range car, you give your benefits to your grandkids, you don't need the money etc. Fine that's your decision. I can quibble with that and I do but hey - that' s who you are. Most people on here have you sussed that's for sure.

But, you know what got to me. You whined because you contacted the CAB and you didn't hear for seven weeks. If their branch is anything like the advice centre I am at they are incredibly busy. I am sure they said they would ring you back. I think there is a reasonable chance that something went astray amongst the mayhem and volunteers writing up cases, seeing lots of clients etc etc and they lost sight of the need to call you. It happens - I know that myself

But you couldn't get off your !!!! to call, email or drop in and politely ask if they could let you know what's happening. But you have time to come on here and moan, grumble and divert threads with the latest "disaster" in your world

And breathe

So no I don't deal with clients the way I speak to you - but, equally, I don't think I have come across anyone face to face anything like you.

I wonder if I'll get banned for this?

;);)
  • CTcelt1988
    CTcelt1988 Posts: 257 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2017 at 10:33PM
    Well said NeilCr.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    NeilCr wrote: »
    You read wrong. As usual

I deal with people face to face regularly and help them the best way I can. I try to help people on here if I can. But I am not "at work" when posting on here. I don't have to observe the niceties that I do there and just occasionally someone pees me off and I get a chance to rant. So here you go

We are literally rushed off our feet. The vast majority of us are volunteers who give their time and trouble to help people who need support, advice, assistance whatever. You've openly said on here that you have a top of the range car, you give your benefits to your grandkids, you don't need the money etc. Fine that's your decision. I can quibble with that and I do but hey - that' s who you are. Most people on here have you sussed that's for sure.

But, you know what got to me. You whined because you contacted the CAB and you didn't hear for seven weeks. If their branch is anything like the advice centre I am at they are incredibly busy. I am sure they said they would ring you back. I think there is a reasonable chance that something went astray amongst the mayhem and volunteers writing up cases, seeing lots of clients etc etc and they lost sight of the need to call you. It happens - I know that myself

But you couldn't get off your !!!! to call, email or drop in and politely ask if they could let you know what's happening. But you have time to come on here and moan, grumble and divert threads with the latest "disaster" in your world

And breathe

So no I don't deal with clients the way I speak to you - but, equally, I don't think I have come across anyone face to face anything like you.

I wonder if I'll get banned for this?

;);)
    Brilliant post! here's to you :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills