M&S Bank Credit Card Blagged Deal

Comments

• Hi all,

I signed up for this deal before the November end date, and made spend in December. I've not heard or received any vouchers from M&S. I've just called up their C&S and they need to confirm that I'm eligible for the offer and will call me back in 48 hours?

Has anyone had any successes claiming this offer?
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    yes, in a round about way.. but it certainly doesn't proceed smoothly, and you have to hassle their poor CS.
  • There's now a new version of this offer.

Apply for M and S credit card between 1 and 28 February 2017 and get accepted (new credit card customers only).

Then spend on the card 5 times by 9 April. No minimum spend per transaction (could be a loaf of bread) and the transactions can be on the same day, or different days.

Receive £30 voucher by email before 2 May.

Voucher expires on 31 May. Must be spent in one transaction.

I applied today for the CC and have been accepted. Awaiting paperwork by post (agreement to be returned duly signed), then card and PIN.

Hope to get everything set up to meet 9 April deadline for the spending.

I'll update this thread with how things progress. Hopeful but I won't be too surprised if problems arise in view of others' experience.

Update

I received my card and PIN earlier this week. I've used the card 5 times for small transactions, so I've complied with the 9 April deadline. If all works to plan, I should receive the £30 voucher by 2 May. I'll keep this thread updated.

The deadline for applying under this version of the offer is 28 February (Tuesday), so anyone wanting to apply (via the MSE link) should do so quickly.
  • Gerson2k
    Gerson2k Posts: 20
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Gerson2k wrote: »
    Hi all,

I signed up for this deal before the November end date, and made spend in December. I've not heard or received any vouchers from M&S. I've just called up their C&S and they need to confirm that I'm eligible for the offer and will call me back in 48 hours?

Has anyone had any successes claiming this offer?

UPDATE

I had to email and also send a secure message to M&S Bank via my account to raise this as an issue - I was informed that popularity of the promotion mean that were behind with processing the vouchers, as the vouchers for the period expired on 28th Feb I was issued £30 credit to my CC account together with the 500 bonus points.
    I would advise you contact M&S at the earliest if you haven't received your vouchers.
  • Update

I received my card and PIN earlier this week. I've used the card 5 times for small transactions, so I've complied with the 9 April deadline. If all works to plan, I should receive the £30 voucher by 2 May. I'll keep this thread updated.

The deadline for applying under this version of the offer is 28 February (Tuesday), so anyone wanting to apply (via the MSE link) should do so quickly.

UPDATE

This has worked well. £30 voucher received today (16 March). Can be used online or in-store by 31 May (but must be used in one transaction).

This was the "apply in February" version of the offer. I applied online on 8 February and was approved. After returning signed agreement by post, I received card and PIN around 22/23 February. I used it in 5 small transactions between 24th and 27th February (time limit for use in 5 transactions was 9 April). I've since repaid the balance and locked the card away and won't be using it again.

I was supposed to receive the voucher by 2 May, so I didn't expect to receive it so early. I'll leave a decent interval and then cancel the card.

Worth the effort. Others may disagree.
  • gozaimasu
    gozaimasu Posts: 860
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just wanted to share my recent experience of applying for one of the MSE offers for the M&S credit card.

I applied on the last day of the previous offer (31 May) and I still don't have a credit card! It is the longest, most drawn out and ridiculous application I've ever made. Any other company would have the card issued within a couple of weeks.

Thankfully they have honoured the cashback since I missed the balance transfer deadline.

The new offer is better so if you're thinking about going for it then make sure to get your application in asap!
  • Hi
    Did anyone use the link posted a week ago on here for the M&S credit card? My husband applied for it, and got a message at the end of the application to say that M&S would be in touch my email in a couple of days. He's heard nothing, so he doesn't know if he'll get the card or not, he's a M&S bank customer.
  • I used the link to apply for the credit card and received the card and pin this week. According to MSE I should have received a voucher worth £5 with the card. Guess what? No voucher came with the card. I am feeling somewhat dubious about really getting the vouchers as I have just glanced through this thread and loads of people flagged up problems with a similar deal they were doing last year.

I wonder if anyone has had any success with this or is it too good to be true? :(:(
  • Hello,
    I also used the link and signed up by the deadline. I did not receive a £5 voucher. I spent over £100, some of it at M&S - I now have 2059 M&S points, which I believe is worth £20.59.

I understood that they'd send a £20 voucher separately at some point - but there is still the question of that initial £5 voucher!
  • Had no end of problems with this, I think I will stick to actual proper cashback offers in future :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure