Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 2 - Groundhog Day

Comments

• Hope the head is better today.

Be sure to keep on drinking water. It's annoying though as I find I end up going to the loo more often, but needs must. Remember up to 65% of our body is water!
  • Woke up this morning headache free The day hasn't gone quite so well so far though. Kids aren't behaving well at school and I'm finding it more than a bit frustrating. These kids are less than 2 months away from their first GCSE and still finding it most amusing to throw glue at each other.
    Had an unexpectedly lovely evening last night - I'd forgotten that it was ds parents evening, but made it in time for my appointment. He got such a good report - he's doing brilliantly and I couldn't be more proud of him. As a treat he asked if he could have KFC for dinner, so I gave that the ok for a bit of a one off. Got home to a scarily tidy house and all the dishes washed, then dd broke the news to me that she'd accidentally run up an £80 phone bill for the past month I remember doing the same thing with my mam when I was a kid so I'm just sucking it up - we've discussed learning lessons and hopefully it won't happen again. She's aware that there will be consequences if it does.
    DS also decided he didn't fancy swimming last night, so I got a night off. There was no housework to do as guilty dd had done it all so I got a night of crochet and was in bed and asleep by half ten. Lovely.
  • VelvetFreak
    VelvetFreak Posts: 573
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Haha perhaps you need to let DD run up the bill more often :rofl: although maybe not to the tune of £88

I used to run our internet bill up terribly when I was in high school. My poor parents :p
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    OK - I'm now officially having one of those days where I wish I hadn't bothered...
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Hope you're ok CCL

Excellent news about DSs report though :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh no CCL - is it the kids at school?

We have a cap on DD's phone. DH pays the contract and once her data has gone then she has to use home wifi and when out and about it's tough. She has loads of minutes and texts so can still contact us.

For the first few months she asked for extra data but now she has stopped and knows that when its gone it really has gone.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Well done to DS that's really great :)

Sorry to hear you are stuck with the £80 bill. Was that landline or mobile?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,559
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Great news about ds' parents evening.

Sorry to hear about dd's mobile phone bill. I think she was very brave telling you as it would have been less scary to bury her head in the sand, no doubt leading to much bigger problems in the future. Does she have any money of her own she could contribute towards the cost?
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Forumite
    Hi All :wave:
    I'm writing from my phone today in a little gap between finishing school and starting a meeting.
    This week is officially a very tough week at work. The behaviour of the little darlings is rubbish at best, and I'm struggling a bit with bad attitude and lack of learning (and that's just me) :rotfl:
    Feels really busy but I'm not getting much done as usual.
    Not much else to report. DD confessed about her mobile bill to me. She'd used all of her minutes plus another 4 hours and thought it was all wifi. I don't think it'll happen again because she was genuinely mortified...
    Other than that, life ticks on. Crochet, telly, housework, schoolwork and trying to sleep...
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Forumite
    :mad:
    I needed to update my laptop tonight. It has taken 2 hours and it still isn't working properly. Feeling a bit pittled off to be honest.
    Not much else to report other than being tired and grumpy - although today was definitely much better than yesterday.
    Off to try and catch up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport