Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• You don't have to be your best to still be great. Noticed you still cheering people on. It really does help.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Thank you inod.
    I am far from great.
    I am fat frumpy & grumpy.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    (((hugs))) hope you feel a bit better soon x
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Beanie you are NOT fat, frumpy and grumpy. I take it you're feeling fed up :( We all go through this, I know I do, if I seriously sat down and thought about everything I would go insane. I know it's hard when you're feeling down but please think of the positives - and keep posting on here to take your mind off things. Big hugs xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Oh Beanie, came to see how you are and can see you are feeling exactly the same as me! I have planned an appearance overhaul when you feel a bit better you can think of small changes so you feel a bit better (( ))
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    I seem to be unable to stop eating at present.
    I am very upset about this.
    I am also worrying about the DLA to PIP transfer.
    Though I have heard nothing as yet.
    I have a sore throat & a squeaky voice like a wee mouse!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    beanielou wrote: »
    I seem to be unable to stop eating at present.
    I am very upset about this.
    I am also worrying about the DLA to PIP transfer.
    Though I have heard nothing as yet.
    I have a sore throat & a squeaky voice like a wee mouse!

Have you had the letter re swapping over from DLA to PIP?
    Must use my stash up!
  • beanielou
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Have you had the letter re swapping over from DLA to PIP?

Not as yet.
    Heard way too many horror stories though:(

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    beanielou wrote: »
    Not as yet.
    Heard way too many horror stories though:(

I am part way through the process, got the letter early December, had to get the form back by the 13th January 2017, 4 weeks and they contacted me (by phone which they are not supposed to do :mad: then by letter two weeks later), saw an ATOS physio 25th February 2017 and now waiting for the decision (PLMBL said it took 6 weeks re her hubby from the time of the appointment)
    Must use my stash up!
  • beanielou
    Lots of positive vibes your way Knit Wich.
    A friend gor hers back two weeks from medical & got enhanced ob both.
    Not sure she appreciates what a great result that was on so many fronts.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback