Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Walls are not intended to be leant on?

Some very odd ideas here.
  • Zandoni
    Zandoni Posts: 3,425 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Do they? I've never leant on a wall whilst queuing.

Wow you have an amazing memory.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Zandoni wrote: »
    Wow you have an amazing memory.

I don't see why someone would need a good memory to know they don't lean on walls. I know I don't lean on walls even if in a queue for ages, it's just something I don't do and don't see why people would lean, same as I know I don't do a lot of things like smoke, hit people, steal and a million other things. A wall is there for a reason and being leaned on isn't that reason.
  • Zandoni
    Fosterdog wrote: »
    I don't see why someone would need a good memory to know they don't lean on walls. I know I don't lean on walls even if in a queue for ages, it's just something I don't do and don't see why people would lean, same as I know I don't do a lot of things like smoke, hit people, steal and a million other things. A wall is there for a reason and being leaned on isn't that reason.
    I don't usually lean on walls in a queue, but there's probably a few occasions when I have.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    If I'm in a takeaway and there's no obvious sitting location I'll quite happily lean against a wall while waiting. And I'd guess a majority of people do likewise, whether they realise it or not. :)
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    DoaM wrote: »
    If I'm in a takeaway and there's no obvious sitting location I'll quite happily lean against a wall while waiting. And I'd guess a majority of people do likewise, whether they realise it or not. :)

I was just about to say, if there was a seating area you might not expect people to lean on walls but if theres not...I'd say its a given people will lean on walls. I dont tend to lean against anything because I can't stand still. But I still accept that other people do it.

And I would also point out that not everyone who has mobility problems is in a wheelchair and I would especially expect them to lean against things to try and take some pressure/weight off.

That being said, whether a reasonable person would lean against the sign the OP leaned against is a whole different issue.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    wrote:
    pinkshoes;71433711Everyone leans on the wall when queuing!

Not me. I'm perfectly capable of standing up straight even whilst drunk.

If you're unable to do this then I suggest you see a doctor as what you describe seems quite unusual and also many others seems to agree whist also supports my suggestion.
  • Zandoni
    The-Truth wrote: »
    Not me. I'm perfectly capable of standing up straight even whilst drunk.

If you're unable to do this then I suggest you see a doctor as what you describe seems quite unusual and also many others seems to agree whist also supports my suggestion.

A few people on here are hardly a cross section of the general public.
  • LABMAN
    LABMAN Posts: 1,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Leaning on a wall....maybe. Leaning on a sign on a wall.....never.
  • Zandoni
    LABMAN wrote: »
    Leaning on a wall....maybe. Leaning on a sign on a wall.....never.

How can you say that when you haven't even seen the sign.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure