Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• ilovetoshop
    ilovetoshop Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    Afternoon

Just thought I would say how impressed I was with zeek, ordered Tesco voucher yesterday and arrived today, I think I will continue to order these as every little saving helps
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Arthien wrote: »
    This is Arthien reporting from the field! No Coroner (whoever is in Malvern got there early ;)) but Waitrose digestives are only 50p and I got a 24-pack of Quavers for £2, instead of the 12-pack for £2.50 that was next to it :D

This Frocky thing really does make me think about how easy it is for the little things to add up. I also keep seeing adverts for restaurants, cafes, takeaways and I'm realising just how bombarded we are every day with adverts saying 'Buy it now! Buy it now!!', no wonder people end up in debt so easily.

If nothing else it is making me think twice about what I usually spend. We usually have a takeaway once a week and think nothing of spending £20+, Mr TS joined in a little with the frocky effort as DD3 fancied a Chinese few days ago so he said he would go without and we ended up spending just over £7 for one dish and a rice for me and her, which actually was plenty. Usually we have leftovers for the next day. :o
  • Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Ok so signature updated. :eek:

It may go down a little as also ordered some underwear for DD3, so I may get that back.

Had to pay parking again yesterday to collect the vests but whizzed around in an hour and came home without toilet rolls, sharing the last roll between upstairs and down at the moment, how did that happen. :rotfl:

Thinking now maybe my total was a little unrealistic for everything....think it was Josie who said about not including the wine as will it get drunk in October. Well no it probably won't but part of the reason for me doing this was to stop myself from stock piling too much so I need to include it really and also to try and have a non existent CC bill next month which has now gone down the pan with the M&S order. :o

At least spend compared to normal is a lot lower so far into the month so that is something positive for me. Normally I would have treated us to the M&S meal deal and probably gone out for more tea and cake, once is included in my total so far. And probably gone way madder on M&S, there are some good mens reductions on shorts and they have Mr TS's size but I am resisting even though he lives in shorts for most of the year. :rotfl:
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    If nothing else it is making me think twice about what I usually spend. We usually have a takeaway once a week and think nothing of spending £20+, Mr TS joined in a little with the frocky effort as DD3 fancied a Chinese few days ago so he said he would go without and we ended up spending just over £7 for one dish and a rice for me and her, which actually was plenty. Usually we have leftovers for the next day. :o
    Exactly TS I would have spent far more than I have if I wasn't doing this because I've stopped myself from going into the shops. Alot of the time I just go in for a mooch before work.
    We've got dh car tax and van mot at the end of this month so a little frugality won't go a miss. This is hen I with we had a,little eco friendly car not a big gas guzzler but hey ho!
  • Arthien wrote: »
    This is Arthien reporting from the field! No Coroner (whoever is in Malvern got there early ;)) but Waitrose digestives are only 50p and I got a 24-pack of Quavers for £2, instead of the 12-pack for £2.50 that was next to it :D

This Frocky thing really does make me think about how easy it is for the little things to add up. I also keep seeing adverts for restaurants, cafes, takeaways and I'm realising just how bombarded we are every day with adverts saying 'Buy it now! Buy it now!!', no wonder people end up in debt so easily.

Have you tried the Lidl digestIves? 31p for a pack and the best digestives I have ever tasted :D
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Tinyshoes
    Exactly TS I would have spent far more than I have if I wasn't doing this because I've stopped myself from going into the shops. Alot of the time I just go in for a mooch before work.
    We've got dh car tax and van mot at the end of this month so a little frugality won't go a miss. This is hen I with we had a,little eco friendly car not a big gas guzzler but hey ho!

I have been really good at using store cupboard food while doing it and not buying more in. Yesterday I had a tin of tomato soup bought last year for tea as I didn't fancy the frugal veg chilli that Mr TS was cooking, I just didn't want anything spicy. :o

Anyone remember the 1p aduki beans? :rotfl: Well he used a tin along with some whoopsied carrots, some courgettes from the garden, few cobs of corn that hadn't grown well and only had kernels at one end, and finished up a tube of 10p sainsbob's chilli tomato puree. He has made plenty so froze a few portions too. :T
  • Tinyshoes
    ILTS, was just about to reply to your post but it's gone?

It's good to see you hun xx
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Had an email from tsb.
    Current account changing to 3% on £1500 from 4th January!

My 5% rate hasn't lasted long sadly. :(
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • purpledonkey
    purpledonkey Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    PD I hate to say it but if you have seen a mouse there are probably quite a few more you haven't. :eek:

DD1 lived next to a pub in second year uni and they had them come in, one got into her bedroom too. They tried the humane trap first with the recommended peanut butter but didn't have much luck with them almost as if the little boogers knew there was no way out.

They had to resort to the spring loaded mouse traps in the end. :(

You do need to find where this one has got in and block access unless you know for sure it has run in from back door or similar. Good luck x

It's ok, we've been thinking the same thing. My brother is coming over tomorrow to help us move the sofa and investigate. I just hope it hasn't procreated yet :eek:
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :o

Where did the morning go too? But I finished After You by Jojo Moyes & had a long very hot bath :)

Planning to visit the poppies at Caernarfon Castle on Monday :T
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Afternoon luvlies

For anyone that's off to collect their m&s orders, further reductions galore my store has just put out a massive load of men's stuff - £20 flip flops down to 3.49, deck shoes down to £4.99, got myself lovely pair of sunnies for £2.99 - got loads of bits with DH, very happy
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport