A Payment a Day Part 3

Comments

• boysma
    boysma Posts: 828 Forumite
    Hi folks

£5 to DH cap one today. Conference yesterday just as boring as i thought it would be but lunch and drinkies afterwards great fun altogether. Lay out in the sun all day today to help my poor head, will i every learn?:D

Danko - i think SW is great and jumped on scales today (i know i shouldn't!) and was very pleased with result but will not reveal yet in case it jumps back up again:o Welcome to any newbies and good luck on the stop smoking campaign Andy.
    Payment A Day £15 (started 17/5/14) :j
  • DietCokeMad
    DietCokeMad Posts: 99
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone

This payment a day intrigues me! I've joined to make £5 a day in June challenge and think it might be a good idea to combine it with this if you don't mind an extra tagger-on

Do you count your minimum payments etc in with the PAD? And how do you decide what to pay each day?is it just extra money you make, or do you split your available budget for the month up and pay a little each day?
    Scary number... 30/5/09 £18,905.08
    08/01/11 £3905.02
    Virgin [STRIKE]£4770.48[/STRIKE] £0 Mint [STRIKE]£5281.21[/STRIKE] £0 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£3301.68[/STRIKE]£3905.02

Sealed pot 2011 No 1114
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone

This payment a day intrigues me! I've joined to make £5 a day in June challenge and think it might be a good idea to combine it with this if you don't mind an extra tagger-on

Do you count your minimum payments etc in with the PAD? And how do you decide what to pay each day?is it just extra money you make, or do you split your available budget for the month up and pay a little each day?
    The joy of PAD is that you do what you want :rotfl:

I include my minimum payments, some don't.

I pay extra money I make and also try and squeeze some from my household budget. It's whatever works for you.

I have paid off over £2,000 since joining this challenge, and if you had asked me before I would have said I had no spare money!
  • boysma
    boysma Posts: 828 Forumite
    Welcome dietcokemad (great name)

With regard to payments its up to you if you want to count regular payments, some of us do and others dont. The amount is totally up to you. Personally i am paying 2 cap one cards off at present (DHs and mine) but concentrating on DHs at minute as it is our lowest. I have worked out that to have it cleared by end of year it is approx £7 per day although payments are smaller or bigger than this.

One very important point is that you should put the amount of your pad in bold, in colour or in a bigger font (or all three) to help the great peeps who do all the totting up for us.;) Welcome aboard you will soon be as addicted as the rest of us:D
    Payment A Day £15 (started 17/5/14) :j
  • macgirl
    macgirl Posts: 5,091
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    DT and macgirl - have to agree that purple is my fav. colour too and I would love to have some purple highlights in the old blonde head!!! mmmmm.now you've got me thinking why not?? have to codjitat cogetate cojgitate think about that one!

Today's outlook is sunny with a little spag bol (cooked by the DD and her friend)on the side all washed down with a bottle of sparkling fruit splodge(not allowed to drink free-sad-smileys-324.gif so sad)
    PAD today is £9 to :eek:1-I really seem to not like that cc must be the 22% int charged!!!
    Have a smashing evening fellow PADmobsters

Hi Purple!
    I'm just drinking a cheeky glass of vino - so will toast your Purpleness!!

Sorry you've had to work today cashless_wonder :sad:
    Was in Greenwich Park a few weeks ago - wish I was there tomorrow - have a good one! x
  • angelicmary85
    angelicmary85 Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    Hi Angelic

So you don't have to search for PAD if you click on the thread tools at the top of the thread you can subscribe to the thread and then if you click on quick links at the top right of the forum you can click subscribed threads and any you have subscribed to will be there.

Well done on the Barclaycard it is coming down well.:T

DTxx

:A Thank you!
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • cashless_wonder
    cashless_wonder Posts: 523
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 30 May 2009 at 7:48PM
    Thank-you for your sympathies macgirl, I shall indeed enjoy myself tomorrow.

Making up for the daytime with an evening of back to back Quincy (a very guilty pleasure) as the boyfriend is currently living it up at a beer festival somewhere oop north . . .

I too am wondering what I would have / did do with the 450 odd quid that I've thrown at my debt these past 7 weeks, I've not made any major lifestyle changes . . . Mmm worrying but also means once I start to save the same way as I've been debt clearing I'll be laughing . . .
    DFW NERD# 1175
    Proud Member of Sealed Pot Challenge #5 ~ 1479 cashless_wonder~*DEBT FREE & LOVING IT*~
    :D
  • DietCokeMad
    DietCokeMad Posts: 99
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    flying_fresian and boysma thanks for the help

It's tempting to use my minimum payments - That would be 6 days sorted already! I think I would keep a seperate running total of my extra payments though to keep track- I suspect it will add up very quickly like you say ;)

Got no money this weekend though - monday can be my official start date when my wages clear!
    Scary number... 30/5/09 £18,905.08
    08/01/11 £3905.02
    Virgin [STRIKE]£4770.48[/STRIKE] £0 Mint [STRIKE]£5281.21[/STRIKE] £0 Barclaycard [STRIKE]£3301.68[/STRIKE]£3905.02

Sealed pot 2011 No 1114
  • The cuties have returned to brighten the board . . . awwwwww
    DFW NERD# 1175
    Proud Member of Sealed Pot Challenge #5 ~ 1479 cashless_wonder~*DEBT FREE & LOVING IT*~
    :D
  • Double_Trouble
    Double_Trouble Posts: 4,375 Forumite
    They are still gorgeous even in small

DTxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts