IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC Parking charge

lavertera
lavertera Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 12 December 2017 at 8:29PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi everyone

I am new and hope I am doing this correctly.

Today I was shopping at one of our Asda'a and it is a huge car park that is free of charge. Other business's are there including, Home Bargains, Poundland and a gym.

I have a blue badge and normally can't get a disabled parking space but, today there was one. I had to do a bit of maneuvering as the angle was wrong I went in at. Another customer was losing his rag at me, calling me names etc and once out of my car called me names again and drove off!! I was amazed really but, it seems he wanted my space!! I just chuckled to myself and went shopping. On my return I had a ticket, I had forgotten to put my badge on the dashboard! Anyone who knows me will tell you I am always correct and show it properly.

I managed to see the PA who told me to take a picture of my badge and send it to them to get is squashed?? I said why can't you and of course he said he couldn't.

I was told by two other people to ignore it as "Martin Lewis" said to do this etc etc. What is the correct line to take? I can't afford the charge, it's nearly a weeks pension!! £85 is a tall order. Is it that we the disabled are the money cow for that company of PA's, it seems that way to me as no one else pays to park. So not happy at the moment.

Any help with this will be really gratefully accepted.

Thank you for reading this.

Comments

• Firstly either ask the mods to move this thread to the Parking section or start one up there and cancel this one. The reason is that you may well miss the best advice by being on the wrong forum.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yup, get this moved over and whilst you are waiting, read-up on the Newbies Sticky at the top of that forum. It will bring you up to date and outline what you need to do now. It is quite futile to carry-on helping you here.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,188 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've moved this across to the sub board for more responses. OP meanwhile please do as already suggested and have a read of the sticky newbies thread.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • And to add, the updated advice is not to ignore these charges, you need to deal with this and others state move your question to the right place and the experts can help.
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Complain bitterly to Asda (if that’s where the BB parking places are situated outside of). That said, ParkingEye is Asda’s preferred parking operator and given that this is UKPC, it may need a complaint to the retail park’s managing agent. Launch a complaint their way, copying them the Blue Badge.

Please also read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 to realise the game you’re now in and in case your complaints (above) come to nothing. Make sure you use the blue text template appeal and send to UKPC on day 25/26 - don’t ignore this stage, but timing as above is crucial.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Hi

Sorry everyone, must be my day for things to go wrong!! Fighting a losing battle with the computer now. I take on board what you have all kindly said but, my heads a mush at the mo, so upset. I'll have a good read tomorrow when my head clears.

Thank you to whoever moved it over to where ever, I just jumped in without looking properly but, thought I was on the right thread.

Thank you all
  • I started to write an email to our local asda and hubster said leave it for now till I got all info regarding this.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    You will learn from the NEWBIES thread not to appeal this till the end of the month, and not to say who was driving.

See the sticky thread, 2 clicks away from here. Please don't ask for a link, it tells you in my signature where to click.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure