PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd October 2017

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ooo.

I’ve done and printed my homework (2days early *glow*). Made soup, cleaned furries cage, emptied kitchen bin and collected the bairns;)

They have changed and are watching a movie. Still tired from the weekend I think...

I’ve also called another charity about a volunteer placement, and they asked me to send my cv, so that’s a start. Things might just be looking up in that quarter!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • up to now today i have done
    Level 1
    Clear drainer and sink
    empty bins
    Clear sides and wipe, inc. small appliances and put back only what lives there

Level 2
    Wipe cupboard doors, drawer fronts and handles

Level 3
    Dust dressers or other furniture

Extras
    Check fridge for use-up stuff

2 lots of washing done and on the line
    Chicken and mushroom pie made for tonight's dinner
  • He's swept the floor, cleared up the gibble from under the sofa and the WM is on!

In the meantime, I have found out that the appropriate response to being told I am not permitted to wear steel toecap boots because they do not look attractive when moving or behind heavy equipment is not to shrug and reply 'fair enough, I'll just sue you if there's an accident and I get hurt, then'. :cool:

I still have a job, however. :cool: And an automatic get out card for anything I don't feel like doing.

Mmmm. Chicken Skeleton boiled in water for hours. Yummy. Soup for dinner tonight, I guess.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sneaks in quietly after a month or so absence.....

Thanks for the thread, Valli :)

Kitchen & Dining Room

Level 1
    Clear drainer and sink - DONE
    Open window - DONE
    empty bins
    Clear sides and wipe, inc. small appliances and put back only what lives there - DONE

Level 2
    Wipe cupboard doors, drawer fronts and handles
    Clean and wipe/polish table - DONE
    Wipe/polish chairs - DONE
    Wipe sockets and switches - DONE

Level 3
    Clean sills - DONE (and outside - and did all of ground floor outside sills!)
    Wipe windows - DONE
    sweep/mop floors

Extras
    Check fridge for use-up stuff - DONE
    Do a freezer inventory - start using up/creating space for Christmas
    MAD half hour - plan to start nibbling away at a big job
    New month - do you need any cards? Buy December's cards too - because they mysteriously start to disappear from the shops;)
    Check smoke detectors and CO (carbon monoxide) detectors are fully-functional. - DONE
    HHI - keep on top of it! - didn't have any until half an hour ago - will aim to do it later

Also wiped down open shelving (currently acting as pantry) and tidied all shelves, amalgamating packets where 2 were open of the same thing....:o
    Went through kitchen paperwork and 1/3 to recycling, 2/3 to office for filing. Left 3 recipe cards (used), a Xmas list and my freezer notebook in kitchen.
    Got rid of OOD coupons from side of fridge as new month is here :)

Will catch up later :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,703
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I would like to apologise; I *may* have accidentally reported someone...fat fingers.

Can't go to SW; have mislaid my book with my card in.

Been to M&S; got some massive YS bargains - 2 packs of mini meatballs for 65 p each! Woot

Went to doctors; cried when explaining what happened and why I panicked on HRT; mentioned it might be time for counselling; she agreed. Apparently, the hospice, just there *points* would have been my first port of call had my sister been a patient there; I'm going to try them anyway.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,648
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    In the meantime, I have found out that the appropriate response to being told I am not permitted to wear steel toecap boots because they do not look attractive when moving or behind heavy equipment is not to shrug and reply 'fair enough, I'll just sue you if there's an accident and I get hurt, then'. :cool:

Not allowed to wear steel toecap footwear? (sharp intake of breath) Gobsmacked.

Good thing it's the kitchen today, I've been batch cooking :rotfl:
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Jojo, I have a pair of toe cap steel for when I am on building sites, but they look like trainers, the number of sites I have been told by H&S 'you're not come in wearing those' to which I replies please stand on my toes, then you will let me in, it always worked, and they did, but my 'trainers' really don't looked like toe capped. You would be able to wear some thing like that for your work.....................your bosses are ****

Cat is sitting on top of me.

Valli sorry to are having a tough time xx

Beans on toast tonight.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sounds like a report to the Health and Safety exec to me.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,703
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I had steel toecapped trainers when I worked on the refinery! And a donkey jacket and goggles and a hard hat.

Any aprticular requests for the list?
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,883
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I hope the hospice can offer you the support, Valli. X

Inadvertently I think I might have actually done level 1 today. Result!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure