FTTP - how do they run the cables?

Hi,

I have just discovered that I can get a FTTP to my address :shocked:. I live in a newish house and the existing ADSL enabled phone line comes in via a little OR connection box close to the ground.

The master socket is in a cupboard a short distance from this connection box and the cable runs behind the stud walking.

Has anyone had experience of FTTP being installed and run behind a partition wall to the master socket?

Many thanks in advance.
Confused

Comments

• Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Are you sure it's FTTP and not FTTPoD? Two very different things! On demand involves high excess construction charges if your cabinet is not very close to you.

The below diary might be of some interest to you. Essentially OR do all the work, sort any ducting, fit new boxes and sockets etc. Interesting and geeky stuff! :)

http://tom.goskar.com/2013/09/20/my-fibre-to-the-premises-fttp-installation-part-1/

http://tom.goskar.com/2013/10/16/my-fibre-to-the-premises-fttp-installation-part-2/
  • Sparx wrote: »
    Are you sure it's FTTP and not FTTPoD? Two very different things! On demand involves high excess construction charges if your cabinet is not very close to you.

The below diary might be of some interest to you. Essentially OR do all the work, sort any ducting, fit new boxes and sockets etc. Interesting and geeky stuff! :)

Thanks Sparks,

Definitely full FTTP - I have been on the phone to them and they have confirmed this.

I saw those webpages yesterday and I came to the same conclusion, unfortunately the internal bit is not quite my setup.

Since then I have found the developer's guides for internal wiring. OR state that the cable from outside should run in a cable runner if it's being installed anywhere apart the adjacent wall.

Hopefully our lot followed the rules. :think:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport