Breaking Through, Travelling On

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hopefully it was a good night's sleep with that lie-in , too - as opposed to tossing and turning and sleeping in.

Have a lovely, lovely day! :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Just having a diary catch up and a break from work insanity and I was pleased to see the yorkies worked - I have a tin with four, four inch (imperial, moi?) patties that are great for big Yorkies - you could fill one with slow-cooked onions and stuffing...
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    greent wrote: »
    Hopefully it was a good night's sleep with that lie-in , too - as opposed to tossing and turning and sleeping in.

Have a lovely, lovely day! :)
    x
    Thats right, it was a "thorough" sleep too :)

Day out was brill, we went to an NT place very near to my sister's, but we'd only visited it just after her husband died, and neither of us had really taken it in, so it was great to visit properly.
    Just having a diary catch up and a break from work insanity and I was pleased to see the yorkies worked - I have a tin with four, four inch (imperial, moi?) patties that are great for big Yorkies - you could fill one with slow-cooked onions and stuffing...
    Hi SL, yes they're great. I'm definitely going to go for patties, as opposed to one big one, but I have to get the whisk parts of my electric hand mixer out from where I've hidden them :o and then onions and a stuffing mix ... yummie!

I'm going to have a "jobs" few days - scanning, fitting in new stuff into the house, gardening, and burning hedge cuttings and branches - any of these four things will be great to accomplish :beer:

Nothing finance-y today - I'll work on that either on the weekend, or next Tuesday :D I'm such a diva nowadays :rotfl:
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    love the diva approach
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,126 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy Friday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Inspiring and thought provoking. Ive been thinking of how I’d plan my time if not needing to work Karma. Time is precious. Quite a few people have retired at my work in the last few weeks and although I love my job, I can feel my inner diva starting to surface!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • I too have an inner Diva and love the idea of not having to work! ....suspect it is a bit too soon for me to unleash her tho !:T

NT place sounds lovely KC so many beautiful places in the country to explore too

Enjoy your Sunday x
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
  • Karmacat
    Thank you all! These in particular sparked me ...
    earthgirl wrote: »
    Inspiring and thought provoking. Ive been thinking of how I’d plan my time if not needing to work Karma. Time is precious. Quite a few people have retired at my work in the last few weeks and although I love my job, I can feel my inner diva starting to surface!
    Yep! And although there's mse stuff I still need to do, I'm starting to get the sense that newly-retired people talk about, that they can do what they fancy doing. For me, there hasn't been much of that this year, apart from the trips out with my sister, who's been a godsend. We're off on another one tomorrow, to see the Scythians at the British Museum, via her membership that was gifted to her.

Time is the only precious thing we have, really, it's true - I don't think planning is *always* the best way to make use of it, personally I need the liberation of "lets see where this goes", so to speak :D but long term planning is as crucial to retirees as to everyone else, and even short term planning, fitting stuff into the diary, for instance, to be as mse as possible.

I've been doing the photo scanning a lot over the last few days, and started to ask myself, do I like doing this? The answer is clear, no, not particularly, but I love the result, I really do! So that stays :)

The cat blog, I've been trying to get it back to two posts a month, and I've decided I'm going to stop trying. It was always *partly* supposed to be a backup to income streams associated with cats - catsitting and selling cat images on funkypigeon or whatever - so I could reassure people that I really, really, loved cats. And I really do, but I prefer writing for the other blog, so the cat blog will continue in the second-place that's evoled for it :p while I focus on t'other.
    I too have an inner Diva and love the idea of not having to work! ....suspect it is a bit too soon for me to unleash her tho !:T

NT place sounds lovely KC so many beautiful places in the country to explore too

Enjoy your Sunday x
    Thank you Downshifterella, nice to see you :T

Yep, the diva has to be released as and when! Thats where planning, especially mse planning, comes into its own. I hope you can do it soon!

And yes, there are so many beautiful places, and so *near*, comparatively! We live in a country that millions of people travel to, from all over the world - I like seeing the nooks and crannies of this country :beer:
    Save
  • Karmacat
    edited 15 October 2017 at 2:20PM
    In mse news:
    - the cashback from my latest mse cheap energy switch is hitting my account.
    - I got £1 off Waitrose Essentials dishwasher tabs because they're on MyWaitrose offers for me :)
    - did a yougov survey
    - a little bit of my money invested at ratesetter is currently out at 4.1%, which is good :)
    - somebody bought a copy of my kindle book - you never know who it is, of course! But somebody in the world did. And someone took it out on kindleunlimited. Must work on a second edition ....
    - our Friday NT visit takes me up to £50 of use for my annual NT membership, in 2 - 3 months. Definitely a good buy.
    - just put an online order in to Sainsbo, a big "winter food cupboard" order, £10 saved by a coupon that came through the door.
    Save
  • That is a lot of very good MSE news!

You have a kindlebook? That's awesome. How well has it done?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure