IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Veri-Park and NCP

I signed up with Veri-Park a year ago to simplify my occasional visits to the Market Way NCP car park in Portsmouth. It seemed to work very well, you just drive in and out as you like and the ANPR works it all out and pays the bill for you and sends you a statement each month. Great?

I received a PCN from NCP yesterday ! £50 for my most recent visit on the 29th of September and when I checked my Veri-Park account I found that my cars status was "disabled". Veri-Park offer no History on account activity and it seems they are only contactable by snail mail, so i have no immediate answers as to why my car has been disabled on the account. However. I know I have NOT altered the status of my car, failed to pay my account balance or done anything else to invalidate the car.

I have email and account records of all 8 previous visits and payments to this car park using Veri-Park, the most recent in July. Nothing about my circumstances has changed neither have i received any notice from Veri-Park to say the car has been disabled.

Has anyone had similar or have any advice?

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,257
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    You obviously have to make a written complaint to Veri-Park and get them to sort this out for you.

However, as a backstop (but in parallel) you need to start the process of appealing the charge to NCP and ultimately POPLA. Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, (post #1 only at this stage) and make sure you get the appeal to NCP within the 28 day window they give you and use the method of appeal they require, detailed in their NtK to you.

But please note that the issue around your Veri-Park account will carry no real weight in the appeals processes between you, NCP and eventually POPLA.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Graydog7
    Graydog7 Posts: 21
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes, Thanks. I have submitted appeals but like you I don't think I'll get much sympathy from NCP as it's not really them that failed, although I would like to think that they would take some responsibility for the performance of agents collecting money for them?..... HaHa!
    As for Veri-Park I'm thinking that their lack of online support, where you can copy in the likes of MSE and Rip of Britain, or telephone support, makes me think that I won't get very far with that either.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,257
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    You can beat NCP at POPLA, but it won’t be based on the Veri-Park inadequacy.
    I have submitted appeals but like you I don't think I'll get much sympathy from NCP
    Nobody ever gets any sympathy from a PPC. Sympathy = no income for them. What you want from them is a POPLA code.

Did you use the template appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, or did you concoct your own with statements identifying the driver (hope not, but seen these all too often go awry when people ‘tell their story’)?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,657
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Graydog7 wrote: »
    Yes, Thanks. I have submitted appeals but like you I don't think I'll get much sympathy from NCP
    Doesn't matter - as long as you don't say who parked the car...appeal as keeper, as per the sticky thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure