Assessment for PIP date

Options
Hello

A relative who is going through the change from DLA to PIP has just received the assessment date to a centre which is over 40 miles away.

Initially on the form we did explain that she even struggles to go out once a week to a local shop so travelling over 40 miles away is impossible.

Just wanted some advice really, can we phone up and ask for a home visit?
Thanks

Comments

• cantcope
    cantcope Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    you can call up and ask for a home visit or somewhere closer. i was refused a home visit but there was a centre less than a mile away from my home!!! They'd originally set my assessment for a centre almost 30 miles away :s
    Last bet : 26th Oct 2006:j Debt free 25th Feb 2008:j Living "my" dream:T
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    From what I've read on here, the computer spits out the first appointment available within a couple of hours travel time. You just have to phone and change it. But the appointment can only be changed once, so make sure the new one definitely suits before agreeing to it.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You can ask for a home asssesment yes but you'll more than likely be refused with a letter from your GP stating the reasons why it's needed. Ames is right you can only change the appointment date/time once.
  • chokolat2
    chokolat2 Posts: 438 Forumite
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    You can ask for a home asssesment yes but you'll more than likely be refused with a letter from your GP stating the reasons why it's needed. Ames is right you can only change the appointment date/time once.

Thank you
    Do you know if you have to request this letter yourself from the GP, then phoning Capita to advise them that this letter exists or do you just inform Capita to contact GP themselves?
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You will need to contact your GP yourself, then enclose it as evidence to support the request for a HV.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • chokolat2
    chokolat2 Posts: 438 Forumite
    Options
    Alice_Holt wrote: »
    You will need to contact your GP yourself, then enclose it as evidence to support the request for a HV.

Thank you

Shall we wait until we have this letter before phoning Capita to request HV or can we still phone them in the morning to advise that we are waiting for this letter from GP?
  • poppy12345
    Options
    chokolat2 wrote: »
    Thank you

Shall we wait until we have this letter before phoning Capita to request HV or can we still phone them in the morning to advise that we are waiting for this letter from GP?
    I would wait until you have the letter before ringing. Remember you can only change that date once.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    I would wait until you have the letter before ringing. Remember you can only change that date once.
    Rather than ringing them - try emailing DCPUALTERNATIVE.FORMATTEAM@DWP.GSI.GOV.UK
    They will arrange for a home visit for you.....
  • poppy12345
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Rather than ringing them - try emailing [EMAIL="DCPUALTERNATIVE.FORMATTEAM@DWP.GSI.GOV.UK"]DCPUALTERNATIVE.FORMATTEAM@DWP.GSI.GOV.UK[/EMAIL]
    They will arrange for a home visit for you.....
    Why would someone want to email the DWP about home assessment for PIP? :eek:
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Possible reasons include :

Wanting or Needing a home visit for PiP
    What else could it be ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing