Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have had enough of house sales..I still haven't completed on mine...Sold it once..fell through after 9 weeks...Grrrrrrr...complete time wasters.....I accepted an offer again on the 23rd March...It still has not completed...I don't think I would ever want to sell or buy another house....:mad:

my thoughts exactly. My m-I-l house took 9 months to sell despite being a new house, still under the 20 year builders Gaurantee and empty so no chain involved and despite dropping the price - the actual sale went through almost exactly a year after she died.
    Selling my dads house we got a buyer within weeks, a builder and his family who were desperate to move as they had just lost a sale on their house (their buyer had even been round measuring for curtains and they then dropped out) It would have been so simple but they then lost their 2nd buyer so they had to pull out.
    Then we got the heel dragger who literally must have cost us £10k in delays and unnecessary things picked up in the search ...

I also hate selling houses and dread the time when we need to sell ours ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Someone was looking for white goods the other day...

20% Off (with code) + FREE Delivery on Large Kitchen Appliances + Free Recycling on ALL Indesit / Hotpoint @ Tesco Direct ie Hotpoint First Edition FETV 60C P Tumble Dryer was £219 now £159 with code it's £127.20 del

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/20-off-with-code-free-delivery-large-kitchen-appliances-free-recycling-indesit-hotpoint-2494220
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I have had enough of house sales..I still haven't completed on mine...Sold it once..fell through after 9 weeks...Grrrrrrr...complete time wasters.....I accepted an offer again on the 23rd March...It still has not completed...I don't think I would ever want to sell or buy another house....:mad:

:(:( thats a long time:eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    LEJC apart from the EA problem are you ok?

Bubbs....umm...yep I'm not bad...everything seems a little unsettled at the moment but thats because we dont know which way things are going to pan out...

I just really want to get through the next 6 weeks or so and hopefully things can perhaps settle a bit more.
    I'm so hoping that DS will get a uni place...but I'm also dreading the empty nest....but then again I also dont want him to stay at home and drop the uni dream just because...

I would love to just curl up in a ball and hibernate...perhaps until the new year...
    There's a part of me that wont be sorry to see the back of this year...but its not as simple as a date changing will suddenly make everything right...but hey ho...we will move on x
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • bubbs
    5oz Steak £1.49 / 8oz £2.49 / 20oz 'Megasaurus' Rump Steak £9.49 / 12oz Rump Steak £5.49 @ Hungry Horse with Voucher (from 12/08) / Also 25% off / £5 off £15
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/5oz-steak-1-49-8oz-2-49-20oz-megasaurus-rump-steak-9-49-12oz-rump-steak-5-49-hungry-2494356
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Was passing Aldi earlier, so stopped and picked up some steak, as you all seem to enjoy it and rate its quality, hope it lives up to it.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bubbs wrote: »
    Snap hope your head is better, must have missed why do you have no hot water?

:( Boiler broke a few weeks ago.

But Plumber has just called & we are having new one on 22th August

:T:T:T
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• bubbs
    LEJC wrote: »
    Bubbs....umm...yep I'm not bad...everything seems a little unsettled at the moment but thats because we dont know which way things are going to pan out...

I just really want to get through the next 6 weeks or so and hopefully things can perhaps settle a bit more.
    I'm so hoping that DS will get a uni place...but I'm also dreading the empty nest....but then again I also dont want him to stay at home and drop the uni dream just because...

I would love to just curl up in a ball and hibernate...perhaps until the new year...
    There's a part of me that wont be sorry to see the back of this year...but its not as simple as a date changing will suddenly make everything right...but hey ho...we will move on x
    Oh i hope he gets a place x
    Yes will be difficult but as you say a date change wont change things:( I know exactly what you mean was my sisters 3rd wedding anniversary yesterday:( was very difficult day but we have come through the other side , i sent her a message this morning and she felt a tad better so thats good, will speak to her later
  • bubbs
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :( Boiler broke a few weeks ago.

But Plumber has just called & we are having new one on 22th August

:T:T:T

Ohhhh blimey thought it had been sorted :eek: least there is hope on the horizon now:T:T
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    LEJC wrote: »

if he does get his uni place then things happen very fast and the weeks before they go are a whirlwind.
    Eldest child got her place through clearing so she had to find a shared house to live in as by that time there were no halls places left.
    we only had 4 weeks to get her organised - hopefully you will have longer than this for getting ready.
    unless their uni is a huge distance away most students are back every 12 weeks so by the time you can even start to reclaim the house then it's another end of term - and often they come home for reading weeks as well
    the empty nest adjustment time is very hard - we are going through it all over again now as errant son was home for a month or so and this is our first week home alone
    its a case of reclaiming the house as yours so I've been steadily working through doing a deep clean, clear and declutter ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure