1p finds at Tesco thread

Options

Comments

• Ilovemykids
    Ilovemykids Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    edited 15 September 2010 at 9:53PM
    Options
    ashcarrot wrote: »
    They're black socks with a image on the side that is or looks vaguely like the stig from BBC Top Gear.

Thanks.

So are they mens or ladies please. oh or kids :o:)
  • glitterpops
    Options
    mens slippers at 1p!

sorry no barcode as this was last month... they are brown fleece slippers with red fleece inside. DH is wearing them now. So excited at the time I shouted across the carpark to a colleague i'd spotted...:rotfl: not marked at 1p, had a price of £2 down from £6 I think.

Found at Tesco Handforth Dean.
    2012 wins: kids tattoos, Rombouts tea towel, ASDA garden Jenga, belt & necklace (Damart, twitter), celebration cake (school raffle), Don't Laugh board game (Girls&Co magazine), tickets to Creative Hobbycraft show (Scrap365), £5 M&S voucher, BigHedz toy, Special K red lipstick, £10 garden centre voucher, £50 high st vouchers (twitter) ...
  • miss-piggin
    Options
    Hi I got a Roary Dress up costume yesterday which scanned through at just 1p - my bargain of the year!! 1 happy little man come Christmas witht he cheapest present ever.
    miss-piggin :j Mum of 2 wonderful girls and a gorgeous little man.DFW Halifax£2330 Tesco£2576 Virgin£3238 Little£5468 Asda£242 Barc£240 Catalogue£1600 Halifax1£2k Halifax2£250 [STRIKE]Capital£100 Picture£53k GE Mo £30k. Mortgage1 £135k. TOTAL £236044.
  • J20BABY
    J20BABY Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks.

So are they mens or ladies please. oh or kids :o:)

They're mens, with writing on underneath the image, marked at £2 and are the 'Tiny Idols' kind of make that a lot of the England football stuff was made by. I found 4 pairs in Hull St Stephens today, Hitler was on the SS till so tried to sneak them through on a manned till with other stuff but she brought it to the attention of the voider person and she wouldn't allow then through.
    Judging by the amount of items that are 'recalled' hence them going to 1p, maybe we should be worried about every item that we buy from Tesco. Wonder what they really do do with them...
  • Ilovemykids
    Options
    J20BABY wrote: »
    They're mens, with writing on underneath the image, marked at £2 and are the 'Tiny Idols' kind of make that a lot of the England football stuff was made by. I found 4 pairs in Hull St Stephens today, Hitler was on the SS till so tried to sneak them through on a manned till with other stuff but she brought it to the attention of the voider person and she wouldn't allow then through.
    Judging by the amount of items that are 'recalled' hence them going to 1p, maybe we should be worried about every item that we buy from Tesco. Wonder what they really do do with them...

aaaah! thankyou know which ones they are :D

Know what you mean regarding what they do with them.I picked up a twin pack of girls leggings yesterday with no lable went to cs and they were discontinued with no price sowing so she couldn't sell them to me.

She agreed with me its so stupid that they do that,and she didn't know what they did with them!
  • superflygal
    Options
    I can't believe the Checkout operators won't let people buy things that scan at 1p! Its an outrage. If Tesco tills scan at 1p, they should sell them for 1p. What the heck has it got to do with the checkout person? Does the money come out of their wages or something?

If Tesco give things to Charities, i'll eat my hat.

Rant over

SFG x
  • su4stu
    su4stu Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    I had the same arguement over a pair of Disney Princess slippers reduced down to 1p. Said £2 odd on the sel but went through at 1p so wasn't allowed to buy them. Why are they out for sale if we can't buy them? Bit ridiculous if you ask me! :(
    If you always do what you've always done...
    you'll always get what you've always gotten
  • lutzi1
    lutzi1 Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've bought quite a few things for 1p and indeed they've sometimes had a yellow SEL showing them at that price. Is this a new policy? Or are they more careful about what goes through the tills since the great tomato fiasco? :rotfl:
    Hope is not a strategy.
  • housewifeintraining
    Options
    ohh interesting what was the great tomato fiasco?
    Silence is golden...unless you have a toddler. In that case silence is very, very suspicious!
  • amandaj67
    Options
    ohh interesting what was the great tomato fiasco?

I think the poster is refering to the offer where you purchased one carton of tomatoes & got 2 free. However the tills were programmed wrong & you ended up be paid about £1.18 to take 3 cartons away. I came home with loads of free toilet rolls, dog meat etc .. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure