IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Sun 9.50 Holidays Jan 2014 Code words
Views: 224,492
# 1901
holidaysforme
Old 19-02-2014, 5:06 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

That should have said for the eurotunnel.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 1902
springdreams
Old 19-02-2014, 8:48 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanked 5,162 Times in 626 Posts

I also got a call back from the Sun on Monday to say sorry but Eurocamp have said that they definitely cannot honour the holiday. I asked about refunds for my hotel booking and the ferry as I pointed out that my travel insurance was unlikely to cover these as I had no paperwork from either Eurocamp or the Sun to say that the holiday was not being honoured and why. The Sun customer service rep (an extremely helpful man) contacted Eurocamp for me, and they agreed to cover the cost of the hotel and assist with getting a refund for the ferry. Then yesterday I got a call from Eurocamp to say that they had a holiday cancellation from someone, so could now give me a holiday for 5 nights from 23 May. I was able to change the ferry as I had fortunately booked a flexible booking, and the hotel is not affected. Price was the same for the 5 night booking, but I am just so happy that I still have a May mid week break holiday at Duinrell
Housework is so much easier without the clutter

☆.。.:*・☆.。.:*・☆.。.:*・☆.。.:*・☆☆.。.:*・☆.。.:*・☆ .。.:*・☆.。.:*・☆
The Following User Says Thank You to springdreams For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1903
Sleepingbeauty
Old 20-02-2014, 10:53 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by springdreams View Post
I also got a call back from the Sun on Monday to say sorry but Eurocamp have said that they definitely cannot honour the holiday. I asked about refunds for my hotel booking and the ferry as I pointed out that my travel insurance was unlikely to cover these as I had no paperwork from either Eurocamp or the Sun to say that the holiday was not being honoured and why. The Sun customer service rep (an extremely helpful man) contacted Eurocamp for me, and they agreed to cover the cost of the hotel and assist with getting a refund for the ferry. Then yesterday I got a call from Eurocamp to say that they had a holiday cancellation from someone, so could now give me a holiday for 5 nights from 23 May. I was able to change the ferry as I had fortunately booked a flexible booking, and the hotel is not affected. Price was the same for the 5 night booking, but I am just so happy that I still have a May mid week break holiday at Duinrell
That's great- really glad things have worked out in the end! Have a fab time and let us know what the place is like!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepingbeauty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1904
Sleepingbeauty
Old 20-02-2014, 10:58 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidaysforme View Post
Glad you sorted something out. We'll be there in October half term as well.
FYI, it was 98 for the , going on Monday coming back Friday. We only paid 8 cash, as covered the 90 with tesco deals.
Mine is still costing 150 but that's because we booked for a week and so don't get the short saver ticket. See u there!
# 1905
catgirl06
Old 21-02-2014, 9:52 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyMummy2Two View Post
Hello everyone..

I am wondering whether one can help me.. I missed the deadline to book online and was wondering whether they release more dates in a few months time..

Hoping to go away but need to book together with my in laws for the same time..

Thanks
Hi The website for booking is still open, try and see if you can book your holiday good luck
# 1906
Sleepingbeauty
Old 02-03-2014, 9:01 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by springdreams View Post
I'm really glad you wrote this post as I kept an eye on the Euro camp website and have now managed to get my holiday changed from October back to May half term! There are new dates coming and going all the time due to cancellations. My original booking was fri 23rd May for a week, but we weren't able to travel til the Saturday anyway. My new booking is sat 24th til Thursday 29th so only lost one night really. I'm really happy to be going in May again!! Anyone else who had their holiday changed I'd suggest keeping an eye on their website to see if anything appears that you like the look of better than the alternative you have arranged and give them a call. I've changed mine 3 times now to get this holiday and they've always been very helpful when I've called.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepingbeauty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1907
springdreams
Old 02-03-2014, 9:51 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanked 5,162 Times in 626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbeauty View Post
I'm really glad you wrote this post as I kept an eye on the Euro camp website and have now managed to get my holiday changed from October back to May half term! There are new dates coming and going all the time due to cancellations. My original booking was fri 23rd May for a week, but we weren't able to travel til the Saturday anyway. My new booking is sat 24th til Thursday 29th so only lost one night really. I'm really happy to be going in May again!! Anyone else who had their holiday changed I'd suggest keeping an eye on their website to see if anything appears that you like the look of better than the alternative you have arranged and give them a call. I've changed mine 3 times now to get this holiday and they've always been very helpful when I've called.
I am very pleased for you
Housework is so much easier without the clutter

☆.。.:*・☆.。.:*・☆.。.:*・☆.。.:*・☆☆.。.:*・☆.。.:*・☆ .。.:*・☆.。.:*・☆
The Following User Says Thank You to springdreams For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1908
Julie-AnnHawkins
Old 06-03-2014, 8:51 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi there,
Has anyone booked the Isle of Wight?
We received a leaflet with discount code for Wightlink ferry when we booked in 2010 & 2012. Has anyone received one this year or any ideas on how to get a cheaper crossing please?
# 1909
Jemima14
Old 08-03-2014, 7:42 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Next Sun Hols

Hi does anyone know when the next Sun Hols start? I looked at last year's which I booked on 17 April, so am thinking it will be some time in April but we are away for couple of nights during Easter so just hoping I don't miss out on trying for an August date.
# 1910
mummyyummy
Old 10-03-2014, 12:47 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

When are these deals back again please? And do I have to buy sun or can I get codes on here? First timer, thanks
# 1911
toyboyroy
Old 14-03-2014, 8:35 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Just come back from Pontins Burnham-on-Sea Somerset.

I will never ever go back there again. The chalet was very basic and dated, one power point in the kitchen to serve the Kettle, toaster and Microwave.

Two single beds in the bedroom and a pull out bed settee in the Kitchen/diner/lounge which was well worn. the top drawer of the 3 drawer chest of drawers was screwed closed leaving us short of storage space.

The bath was only 3ft 6" long with a moulded in seat, Ideal for children but a bit small for my 6ft 2" 20stone frame.

The walls were paper thin, anything above a whisper could be heard from your neighbours and vice versa.

I have been on a few Sun Breaks, but this one was memorable to say the least.

Roy
# 1912
Annewat
Old 10-04-2014, 9:12 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi,

Does anyone have a spare sun reference number? Also is it still possible to book online?
# 1913
holidaysforme
Old 10-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Is there an April promo this year? Normally there's some advertising on TV or in the paper around this time.
# 1914
Rachie B
Old 11-04-2014, 7:51 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Thanked 5,284 Times in 3,457 Posts

yes should be in next few weeks
The Following User Says Thank You to Rachie B For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1915
Jemima14
Old 15-04-2014, 10:45 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Next Sun Hols

Hi all next Sun hols start in paper on Sat 26 April, collect 8 tokens & booking opens Fri 2 May
The Following User Says Thank You to Jemima14 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1916
mrsrabbit
Old 16-04-2014, 8:05 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanks, when I e-mailed the sun they would only say mid April, so I was worried that as I was away I would miss it but if true then I'll be back in time and more than willing to put my name against trying to crack code again. Yippee cant wait!!
# 1917
redmel1621
Old Yesterday, 9:54 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Thanked 24,262 Times in 4,760 Posts

Does anyone know what period the next sun holiday promotion will cover?
2 Adults, 3 Boys, 1 Girl, 2 Dogs
Sealed pot member 075