Quirky wedding venue.

Looking for a quirky wedding venue, I don't really want the traditional hotel thing! I want something different, we live in Portrush with family in Ballymena and Belfast so looking somewhere handy for family to travel to. Just wondered has anyone any suggestions!

Comments

• belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Do you mean to have the ceremony in or just the reception?

Crescent arts and black box in belfast both spring to mind for me :)
  • cliffsgirl
    cliffsgirl Posts: 367 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    For both the service and the reception.
  • hforharry
    hforharry Posts: 19 Forumite
    Limepark in Armoy or The Empire in Belfast are both smaller quirky venues, holding about 80-90 guests for evening receptions, hope that helps :)
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Raceview mill in broughshane have a wedding venue, not sure if the are licensed to have the ceremony in though

Scenic inn in armoy have their licence.
  • gayleygoo
    gayleygoo Posts: 816 Forumite
    My friend had a lovely festival wedding at Tepee Valley campsite in Co.Armagh. They booked the whole site for the weekend and had the ceremony and everything there, it was so lovely! Luckily the weather was brilliant too.

Brownlow Castle in Lurgan is beautiful too, another friend had an amazing wedding there. Not so close to Belfast though, and I'm not sure what other stately homes there might be around you!

One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be Alright :)

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • Maybe check out the carriage rooms in Ballynahinch, Drennagh is lovely in Limavady, the Orange Tree House or maybe Ballyscullion Park in Ballaghy? They're all pretty easy to get to in the North - if you were interested in the South Ballymagarvey village is supposed to be lovely but a bit of a distance.
  • CEON44
    CEON44 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hers a link to an older thread. Might help. I had mentioned Drenagh in Limavady. Was there beginning of May. Great wedding. You get married in Moon Garden, then have the full ground floor of the house, then reception in great marquee You can also stay overnight. One of the best weddings I was at
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5396252
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • skea56
    skea56 Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Newshound!
    Another vote here for Drenagh in Limavady, and also Carriage Rooms at Montalto, Ballynahinch. Both were outdoor ceremonies and they were simply magical!!

Sk56
    Savings: £2 Jar: £804/£1000
    Debts: Santander 1211.12/1780.47 (32% Paid) Total Debt Paid Off £12871.66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills