Sourcing from China

I need some help, please...

I'm trying to source something that someone else is selling on eBay, not to resell but I want to use it as an embellishment on something else I am making to sell.

I know they originate from China (as it says on the listing) and I can find most other types on Aliexpress and DHgate but not this particular one.

I have placed an initial order with the seller on eBay but as I'm going to be buying in bulk I'd rather buy direct.

Are there other Chinese sites that I should be looking on? I have tried googling the product name, I've put the image into image search and scoured hundreds of pictures but can't find this particular item.

It is a haberdashery item.
Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10

Comments

• Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    How about sharing the name and image here in case someone can give specific help? Or just the link to someone selling the item on ebay so everyone can see what it is?
  • >as I'm going to be buying in bulk I'd rather buy direct<

You could negotiate with the seller for a wholesale price off t'Bay.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,035
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    >as I'm going to be buying in bulk I'd rather buy direct<

As long as OP remembers to only do it via email and nowhere near ebay messages :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • There is an assumption that everything is found on a handful of web sites, even online.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,009
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    There is an assumption that everything is found on a handful of web sites, even online.
    In craft it often is unfortunately. I used to do a few lines in it that were well sourced but as soon as one finds out they're selling well they all pile in.
    Last time I looked an item I was selling well 3 or 4 years ago for £3 is now 40p including postage.

As far as OP goes it could be worth contacting the seller. It could well be a UK base for a manufacturer or higher up.
  • FatVonD wrote: »
    I need some help, please...

I'm trying to source something that someone else is selling on eBay, not to resell but I want to use it as an embellishment on something else I am making to sell.

I know they originate from China (as it says on the listing) and I can find most other types on Aliexpress and DHgate but not this particular one.

I have placed an initial order with the seller on eBay but as I'm going to be buying in bulk I'd rather buy direct.

Are there other Chinese sites that I should be looking on? I have tried googling the product name, I've put the image into image search and scoured hundreds of pictures but can't find this particular item.

It is a haberdashery item.

Alibaba is a big site people use.

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/china-bulk-site.html
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    >as I'm going to be buying in bulk I'd rather buy direct<

Thanks, I have asked and she is prepared to discount by 10-20% for bulk orders (through eBay) but she has a rudimentary website, maybe as per Soolin's suggestion I can message her on there (ie not through eBay.)

At the moment I have paid 90p per item, the product is nicer than other similar ones I have found in China which work out to about 20p each but I'm not sure it's 70p nicer!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,035
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Thanks, I have asked and she is prepared to discount by 10-20% for bulk orders (through eBay) but she has a rudimentary website, maybe as per Soolin's suggestion I can message her on there (ie not through eBay.)

At the moment I have paid 90p per item, the product is nicer than other similar ones I have found in China which work out to about 20p each but I'm not sure it's 70p nicer!

If you have ever dealt with the seller in the past then you will have their email address in PayPal, or as a business their contact details will be available on the listings under business information.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,518
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Whats the difference between buying your item and reselling it or adding said item to something else and reselling it?

Your still reselling the original item. Your not adding it to the item your making for free are you?

Guessing you want to keep the item private, but without knowing exactly what your buying its hard to say oh yes.. seller ... or website will have those.

If its a business seller then check the contact details down below. Maybe a generic namesnumbers.etc...@gmail or it maybe an actual website names.numbers..etc @ something.com

I always try the something.com to see if its a website or just used for emails.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    No point trying to help if we're playing guessing games.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure