Engie reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Tight_Tyke wrote: »
    I switched to Engie Energy having found the deal on MSE and have now received my first bill, to say that I am appalled is an understatement and I have found it necessary to raise a complaint with the company.

The issue is with the gas usage calculation, the bill shows 229m3 used from my own readings which I obviously agree with.

However the problem is with the conversion to kWh. The bill states that “Energy usage is calculated from your gas consumption using a standard industry formula:
    Units consumed (m3) x Volume Correction x Calorific Value / 3.6 = [FONT=&quot]Usage (in kWh)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]For example: 100 x 1.02264 x 39.2 / 3.6 = 1114 kWh[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What it doesn’t say is that the calorific value varies (I am personally aware that it does having paid energy bills for the last 45 years) but most damning of all it doesn’t say what calorific value, i.e. the current one, has been used to calculate the bill.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Consequently, the customer has no idea whether the bill is a rip off or not and is unable to calculate the cost of gas used. Whoever designed a bill which fails to include the current calorific value is downright incompetent, the whole episode creates a very poor impression of Engie when they are unable to produce an intelligible bill.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]So beware Engie customers, make sure you check your bills thoroughly and raise a complaint if necessary! :( :mad:
    [/FONT]

It's surely not rocket science, particularly of someone with your obviously understanding of energy bills, to work it out.
    All the other factors are known values, and you have obviously been provided with the resultant.

This was something we did in yr7 (then called 1st year) maths; very basic algebra ... and we didn't have the benefit of a massive calculator thingy in front of us back then.
  • hi all, looking at changing from bg collective 2017 oct.
    cec are showing engie, ( i know there are a few threads, which i have scoured).
    considering them cos of the switching to lowest tariff after deal ends. just wondering if anyone has any experience with this supplier as there are no recent posts anywhere.
    and it would save me having to switch annually , when there is little variation in tariffs.
    Nice to save.
  • Just switched to Engie as BG Collective Fix was coming to an end. I had problems inputting my meter readings so tried to call them , no one answered , so I e mailed. Five days later I got a reply. I complained about response times and they have admitted that they are currently short of staff and are trying to recruit. So although cheaper than BG currently their Customer Service is not as good.
  • LesU
    LesU Posts: 338 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2017 at 9:27PM
    Just switched from SSE to Engie March 2019 fixed. Price was a little more than 1 yr fixed, but I've just got tired of having to do the research and phoning every year. The estimate for the monthly DD came out close to what I expected and was taken on the date as advised.

I also had a problem entering one meter reading. Phoned them up and got a very quick reply on 0800 number. Switch over has been seamless, although SSE electric dragged their heels slightly. I've rung Engie up about a couple of other things and received a fast answer to my call both times, with very cheerful, understandable staff, call centre is in Newcastle, I believe.
  • Just switched to Engie as BG Collective Fix was coming to an end. I had problems inputting my meter readings so tried to call them , no one answered , so I e mailed. Five days later I got a reply. I complained about response times and they have admitted that they are currently short of staff and are trying to recruit. So although cheaper than BG currently their Customer Service is not as good.

Have to say that i too switched from British Gas but in my case:
    1. Initial contact with Engie at 8 am on a Weds 30/08 was great, free phone, pick up within 10 secs. All questions answered, including setting up a variable direct to pay off energy used rather than fixed 12 monthly estimated payments.
    2. Switch was smooth with Engie on 15/09. Meter reading submitted by phone. Again my call at 4 pm on a Friday was answered within 30 seconds. But thereafter settlement with BG prolonged as they did not accept Final Electric Meter reading provided to them by Engie. BG then went on to over estimate kws used by 400+ and it took 3 phone long drawn out phone calls to get a refund from BG.
    3. Engie website is easy to use. Bills are well layed out and easy to understand. Direct Debt is working as expected. Only down side is i miss the auto smart meter reading submission enjoyed with BG.
    As a result very happy do far.
  • Joined Engie in May 2017 from EDF. Registered as disabled with both suppliers. Unable to read own smart meters. Edf meter readers didn't know how to read meters also. Very difficult to obtain swap-over readings. Engie were no help and would not read them themselves. Finally settled on readings between EDF, Engie and myself.
    Engie sent someone to read the meters as we were going out so unable to do it. Asked Engie to let me know when readers are calling. No reply. Never seen another reader. Bills keep coming in estimated. No emails answered by Engie in last 6 months. Tied to them until end of contract 2018. Will be glad to get away from them.
  • Jd843
    Jd843 Posts: 86
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Really terrible experience for me with Engie. See my thread posted on the Energy forum (sorry, I'm not permitted to post links!)

Thanks
  • Skools_Out
    Skools_Out Posts: 258
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Jd843 wrote: »
    Really terrible experience for me with Engie. See my thread posted on the Energy forum (sorry, I'm not permitted to post links!)

Thanks

As I understand it from your thread on this matter (which I have already replied to), it would appear Engie are confused by the 2 registry readings you are attempting to give them from your BG smart meter.

BG have not even started depolying smart meters to customers on E7, so I look forward with interest to your response on your other thread. Best to keep all replies on this matter to that other single thread otherwsie it will only serve to cause more confusion and stress for you. :)
  • My utilities were switches without my consent to Engie. On at least two ocassions (over a period of months) I have contacted them to revert back to my previous supplier. This has not happened. I have tried to also work through this issue with my previous supplier. To no avail. I then did a switch and according to my current supplier (the one that I asked for my utilites to move to) Engie have raised an objection. When asked what the objection is...they are not able to say!
    So: 1) Engie have moved my supply without my permission, 2) no welcome pack, 3) no direct debit details shared with them...I'm at a loss as to who is paying for the usage.
    My next step after another frustrating call to Engie is to write to the Madam CEO at engie with the threat and promise to pursue with Obundsman if this is not resolved in 8 weeks with proper compensation.
  • Signed up until 2021. Smooth switch, no problem sending readings, been with them since summer, happy days and saving money. I think call centre is in newcastle if needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure