PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

BT broadband and tv

2»

Comments

• LL1345
    LL1345 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Thanks all. Yes, buying the house, contracts are exchanged. I had a look online and it is asking me for the landline number which I'm unsure off (I know there is a working phone line already there though). I will give BT a call and see what they say.
  • Birdman2015
    Birdman2015 Posts: 222
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    LL1345 wrote: »
    Thanks all. Yes, buying the house, contracts are exchanged. I had a look online and it is asking me for the landline number which I'm unsure off (I know there is a working phone line already there though). I will give BT a call and see what they say.

I ordered my services for my house move before Easter last night and was asked for my current landline number, not the one I am moving to.
  • Elfbert
    Elfbert Posts: 578
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We moved on Jan 31st. Were told our BB/phone/internet would all be switched that day. (We ordered it a week and a bit in advance.)

48 days later and we still don't have working BT TV.... and are on a 'high level complaint' with our own 'handler'..... BT are incompetent to the extreme. And their Fibre-to-the-property team seems to consist of about 3 people, as it takes hours to get through to them.
    Mortgage - £[STRIKE]68,000 may 2014[/STRIKE] 45,680.
  • LL1345
    LL1345 Posts: 15 Forumite
    That's terrible service. I rang sky and thought I'd haggle a bit being a new customer and I've got sky q with an extra box for multi room and unlimited usage broadband for £35.99 a month (should have been £57.99) so it may be worth trying Sky if BT are messing you around? They also took off all of the set up costs.
  • I ordered mine a week before completion, with instructions to go through the day after completion.

Somehow when the PO cancelled their sub it also cancelled my order, and some kind of mess with the lines ensued. It's taken almost a month to fix.

So no advice at all I'm afraid other than Openreach sucks.
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,124
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 26 March 2017 at 9:24PM
    I ordered mine a week before completion, with instructions to go through the day after completion.

Somehow when the PO cancelled their sub it also cancelled my order, and some kind of mess with the lines ensued. It's taken almost a month to fix.

So no advice at all I'm afraid other than Openreach sucks.

They will get a letter saying there is a planned switch but I assume they called and cancelled there current subscription and openreach cut the line off so they had to connect it again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure