NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June

Options

Comments

• Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 31 May 2017 at 5:45PM
    Options
    This month was a disaster but I'm back for a June! I will do better!

I'll update my post with June's targets later.

EDIT: update for June

NSD - I will aim for 12. I always find this so difficult so 12 will be a challenge enough!
    Debts - Pay towards your debt first! Done. Payday was today - £800 transferred to joint account for bills/shopping. £200 transferred to Wedding Fund.
    Budget - Must stick to this. £250 for food - this is for 2 adults and a very fussy dog. Will also include the inevitable takeaway at some point this month. I will set myself a personal budget of £20 a week. I will desperately try to not spend this.
    Exercise - This I like. I walk 20 minutes to and from work regardless. I'm guessing this won't count so will try and add on three structured exercise plans during the week lasting 20 mins.
    Plan - My issue is not planning but sticking to it!!! My goal will be to meal plan as I've gotten rather slack at it.
    Check in - will try my hardest!!!

Who is with me? ME!!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • pippy1971
    pippy1971 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,

I'd like to join again for this month please! I have a very expensive month coming up so I need to be strict with my NSD's.

I'll update my targets this evening.
    NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June ..number 18
    The 365 day penny challenge £49.89
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge 26... #2
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

mothernerd - sorry everything is overwhelming you at the mo. Have you sorted out your meds yet? How is it going with ds + gf + chinchillas? How is your mum? You are exempt from the exercise part of the challenge, unless you feel able to do some. (no one else is though - they'll end up of the naughty running machine thisamonth - the chaise long has had a makeover...)

Several have confessed to going a little off piste recently. But no turtle gets left behind or rejected, so hop back on the bandwagon to fitness and freedom!

Thanks for the get out but I am not going to take it. I really need to get serious about exercise and diet. I make plans but then my actions sabotage my intentions - this has to stop. I have a clear picture of 'who' I want to be (old but fit and healthy as opposed to beach ball on legs who gets breathless after the slightest exertion). I need to follow through. Think the snail's pace for improvement as opposed to the effortlessness of gaining the extra weight in the first place drags me down.

I love DS3, gf and the grand-chinchillas. For new turtles, DS3's gf has no plans for grand-children for me - DS3 is enough work - but she brought 3 chinchillas so I have grand-chinchillas. They live for about 20 years so similar to raising a child. However I didn't realise until I spilled to the new health trainer, how frustrated I was getting. Making an effor this week to get into their room when ever neither of them is in it and stealth tidying.

The overspill is seeping into other areas of the house and silting up my energy. The bottles and cans took up more than the largest size re-usable bag, I have cleared the front room floor of pizza boxes and other takeaway debris and the clean clothes and bedding are moving upstairs one pile at a time.

I have had some success at getting things out of the house but there is so much more to do. Partly from downsizing from a 4 bed with separate dining room and a garage sized shed then several car loads moving in with DS3's gf and they keep buying things:eek:. When they mention things I search for an in-house solution that uses things we already have. However it is partly the way she has been brought up, dealing with problems by buying a 'gadget' to fix it - more kitchen equipment has arrived (gifts from her mother). Luckily the kitchen is quite large.

I will get there in the end.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    Me please :) I've completely neglected coming on here as often, sticking to my budget and not spending on food out these last few months and with our cars final payment due this week we really need to get back on track to pay it off our cc before the 0% ends in a year.

I really need to get back to meal planning as that's where all our money seems to get wasted when we've nothing in or defrosted for tea. So my main aim this week is to stick to that. Will definitely help me get those nsds in as well. I'll aim for 15 NSDs.

Fitness wise it probably won't take much to raise my heart rate as 7 months pregnant at the moment :rotfl: I am still taking the dog out for a walk each day and doing the housework which I'm counting as a workout. Have a trapped nerve in my hip so have been told to take it easy. Along with the meal planning I want to eat healthier for my fitness goals this month. We've started having our daily smoothie again starting yesterday with yellow sticker fruit and veg.

Our budget is done for this month and personal spends are decided. We've allocated £100 to the garden as we're doing it up and all the rest of our money is going to the ccs.
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please count me in again this month. I have a mega expensive month coming up and am trying hard not to add anything to the CC as I am focussed on reducing my debt.

I have a race in 8 weeks and I want to beat last years time in and haven't ran for weeks!
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can I join you for June please.
    Have made a start on some of the tasks set for the month and will be back to post later.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • SkintTeacher
    SkintTeacher Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    me too please
    I'm going to aim for 20 nsds. May was a bit of a washout but I still saved and did loads of exercise.

This month I'd like to save more and do more exercise! I'm away on a residential for a week and may not get lots of time online but I'll read up when I get a chance.

Wishing you all the best of luck for jiggle free June :)
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 31 May 2017 at 8:47AM
    Options
    lcc86 wrote: »
    Can I join please?! Am debt free but went a little OTT throughout May so need to get back on the wagon. I've already set myself a target of 15 NSD's and I also want go ramp up the exercise as I'm on holiday next month so this is perfect timing!

So I got paid yesterday and just wanted to update what my overall targets for the month are:

- 15 NSD's minimum.
    - 20 'healthy days' where I exercise and eat well.
    - Stick to the budget!! - I'm on what I call a 'spending fast' this month i.e. other than planned spends and bills/normal expenditure, I don't want to spend a thing! I know realistically I will spend something, so I am allowing myself 3 'freebies' i.e. 3 occasions where I can buy something which isn't planned for - be that food, a gift, alcohol, whatever. I have a spreadsheet where I enter my budget and it's definitely doable. This also links in with rejecting consumerism I suppose!
    - Exercise for an hour twice a week on top of the three 20 minute sessions outlined in the original post.
    - Add whatever is left at the end of the month to my 365 challenge pot.
    - Use up old vouchers - I realised that when I moved last year I didn't update my t3sco clubcard address, so I've just done that this morning and found I have £25 worth of vouchers to use! I put £5 of that towards today's shopping delivery, and will use the rest up throughout the month. Every little really does help lol.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • pippy1971
    pippy1971 Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    My targets for this month are:

14 NSDs - This month my daughter is 9 and a while ago I booked a weekend to Disneyland Paris on her birthday weekend. I've only managed 11 NSDs in May so this will still be a stretch with birthday presents and trips away added in.

5 Exercise sessions a week - ParkRun on Saturday, log dog walk/run on Sunday, and 3 sessions on the cross trainer in the week -the only exception to this will be when we are away, but I'll be making up for it with lots of walking.

I am determined to be more organised this month and so will do meal planners for the next two weeks today. Will also try and be more realistic with my shopping, getting enough dog and cat food to last the week based on what they actually eat, not buying the same amount each week (not enough) out of habit.

Good luck to everyone taking part again :j
    NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June ..number 18
    The 365 day penny challenge £49.89
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge 26... #2
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    June targets
    - will aim for 16 NSDs
    - have made my payments to the debt. I'm hoping to be debt free by the end of the year which means paying off £240 a month. Think this might be a little unrealistic but I'll see what I can do :)
    - budgets are set for the month
    - I've just entered another 10k so will be training for this. As well as 3 exercise sessions a week, I will continue to walk and from work everyday
    - meal planning and therefore the food budget in May was not great so will create a plan regarding this tonight
    - I already have 2 meals planned this month to catch up with friends I haven't seen for a while, both at restaurants picked by someone else. I will make sure any other outings for the month do not involve spending
    - I will aim to check in daily
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure