Make £10 a Day February 2017 - Everybody most welcome to join

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone

I got £23 of Nectar points yesterday in Sainsbury's Swipe and Win promotion. It was a pain putting the shopping through in £10 batches but worth it when the bonus points were awards. Can this count towards my £10 a day ?

most definitely, well done.

remember to add the points to your account before the expiry date, think its the 19th
  • Aesop
    edited 5 February 2017 at 2:16PM
    :wave: Hi, photolc21 and thanks so much for your advice:T. There are 2 ref numbers on the back of my router and I was sure it was the correct one I've been using. It's the only one of the 2 that actually says 'Password' above it. Is the router the place where the password I need is likely to be or should I be searching somewhere else please?

can I make a suggestion. the router password is not secure. anyone with access to your home can use that to log into your wifi.

go online, there will be an address under the password, ie changeme 1.2.9.81 and you change it there. Change to something more secure and rename your router to maybe your surname or Home with some letters.

Then change the password to something more secure.

BT Smart Hub
    To change the admin password on your BT Smart Hub, start by opening a new web browser on a device connected to your Hub and type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar - this will open the Hub manager.
    Click Advanced Settings.
    Click System.
    Enter the admin password

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10990/~/how-can-i-set-up-or-change-the-admin-password-on-my-bt-hub%3F

I see BT suggest not changing your wifi password

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14000/c/346
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 5 February 2017 at 2:52PM
    Aesop, I'm really touched that you have gone to all this trouble on my behalf as I know how precious your hard-earned free time must be to you:A:A:A. Thank you.

I'll have to deal with it in the morning as OH and I are going out very shortly. Nothing exciting, just a 'party' (if such an event can be called anything as fun-sounding as a party;)) for a former work colleague of his who has just retired and is coupling the celebration with a housewarming for his new home. It's one of these all-day things so people can drop in when they like. I'm just hoping OH won't want to be one of the last to leave. I know most of the invitees and to say they're bores is an understatement:rotfl:. Once OH gets reminiscing about old times with former colleagues he can bore with the best of them:eek:
  • Aesop
    just a 'party' (if such an event can be called anything as fun-sounding as a party;))

enjoy the party, if OH is driving, get squiffy ;) you will enjoy the party more.
  • kellyd22
    kellyd22 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Does anybody here use Textbroker? There are a few level 3 assignments on art available at the moment. I just nabbed one on Manet's The Balcony :D
    Make £10 a Day Challenge February Total - £46/£280
  • Aesop
    edited 5 February 2017 at 3:48PM
    kellyd22 wrote: »
    Does anybody here use Textbroker? There are a few level 3 assignments on art available at the moment. I just nabbed one on Manet's The Balcony :D

I don't but thanks for headsup :T:j:beer:
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Aesop wrote: »
    most definitely, well done.

remember to add the points to your account before the expiry date, think its the 19th

I added the points after each £10 was put through - if you get what I mean :)

Shop No. 1 = £10 and get a points voucher
    Shop No 2 = £10, pay and credit shop 1's points voucher to my card, also get another points voucher
    Shop No 3 - £10, pay and credit shop 2's points voucher, and get another points voucher
    And so on....and so on....

I only have the last shop points voucher to add on next time I visit Sainsburys.:j
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Aesop
    I added the points after each £10 was put through - if you get what I mean :)

Shop No. 1 = £10 and get a points voucher
    Shop No 2 = £10, pay and credit shop 1's points voucher to my card, also get another points voucher
    Shop No 3 - £10, pay and credit shop 2's points voucher, and get another points voucher
    And so on....and so on....

I only have the last shop points voucher to add on next time I visit Sainsburys.:j

yay, I am going to get my final voucher about 4pm hope its a big one. seen people have won 5000 points!
  • Aesop
    Not a referral link as I haven't signed up but if anyone likes to eat at Zizzi and has lots of friends

https://www.zizzi.co.uk/referafriend?bp_p=%2Fiaf%2Fzizzi_iaf1%2Fterms
  • Aesop
    #1. Kidstart for Amazon

anyone who buys on amazon, you know there aren't many cashback sites out there that pay for buying on amazon.

Kidstart is one of the view that does. It doesn't pay a fortune and it's slow for verifying but if you don't mind waiting and letting it build up, one to look at.

https://www.kidstart.co.uk/View/howdoeskidstartwork-main.aspx

And no, you don't have to have a child to open an account.

You can register as a member and earn KidStart Savings even if you do not have any children. If you are expecting, you can either accumulate your savings in your KidStart account until the child is born; or register yourself as the child until you have the child's details. KidStart Savings can also be donated to a school of your choice or to one of a number of children's charities.

You can install the smartapp on your phone/tablet and also a reminder on your PC browser. So when you visit a site that uses cashback from kidstart, check if it is does, and click through.

And yes there are referrals on the referral board ;)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71297834&highlight=kidstart#post71297834
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure