Add your feedback on energy supplier Robin Hood Energy

Comments

• lagib
    lagib Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Mse 'Cheap energy club' recommended 'Robin Hood Energy Nottingham V4 online' as the cheapest supplier of gas/el for my usage. Unfortunately, Mse omits to say it is only available to people living in Nottingham which is of no use to me as I live in Northamptonshire. I only found this out when I rang 'RHEN' who explained that they are trying to get their act together with Mse and need to insert a filter (presumably filters out any other than Nottingham dwellers if a quote is being sought). All very frustrating as it took up a considerable amount of my time to no avail.
  • I've been on Robin Hood Energy Prime v3 a few months now for electric and I get monthly bills emailed which I pay manually.

Only gripe I'm finding (apart from their woeful website that often breaks) is I get an email a week or so before the bill is issued asking me to submit a meter reading. I then submit a reading but when the bill is eventually issued a few days later, they include my reading but clag on an estimated reading too.

What is the point in submitting accurate readings every month if they are going to bill me using an estimate regardless!
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've been on Robin Hood Energy Prime v3 a few months now for electric and I get monthly bills emailed which I pay manually.

Only gripe I'm finding (apart from their woeful website that often breaks) is I get an email a week or so before the bill is issued asking me to submit a meter reading. I then submit a reading but when the bill is eventually issued a few days later, they include my reading but clag on an estimated reading too.

What is the point in submitting accurate readings every month if they are going to bill me using an estimate regardless!
    I found exactly the same. My new supplier (Bristol Energy) also does the same. In fact, it looks as though the same person wrote the software for both companies.
  • Only gripe I'm finding (apart from their woeful website that often breaks) is I get an email a week or so before the bill is issued asking me to submit a meter reading. I then submit a reading but when the bill is eventually issued a few days later, they include my reading but clag on an estimated reading too.

I found mine always bills on the same date each month about a week after they ask for reading, so I sent a 2nd reading on that date and then have no estimate on the bill.
  • glider3560 wrote: »
    I found exactly the same. My new supplier (Bristol Energy) also does the same. In fact, it looks as though the same person wrote the software for both companies.

Probably the same go to guy councils use. :D
    I found mine always bills on the same date each month about a week after they ask for reading, so I sent a 2nd reading on that date and then have no estimate on the bill.

Yep, bills are the same date each month but if I submit reading a few days before, but after the email asking to submit one, they always add on an extra few estimated units.
  • Yep, bills are the same date each month but if I submit reading a few days before, but after the email asking to submit one, they always add on an extra few estimated units.

Yes but if you submit a meter reading on the day it bills each month there are no estimated units.
  • Well they shouldn't. It's like in the old days getting an estimated bill through the post, ringing up with correct reading, then getting another estimated bill because they didn't print it until the next day.
  • APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE. So bad, I have moved back to Eon.

Switch went ok to begin with. Robin Hood asked for meter readings and said I could add these to my account online. Had issues setting up online account and had to phone them to fix IT issue after they ignored my email. Then found new customers cannot enter meter readings online (what's the point of saying they can in the letter then?).

Supplied meter readings and received letter at end of August saying switch was complete.

I emailed Robin Hood to see if they had sent my meter readings to Eon on Sunday. Still no reply to my email on Tuesday despite stating they reply within 1 working day. Was told they had supplied meter readings to Eon. Rang Eon who said only gas had been switched.

Spoke to Robin Hood again today (Wed) and has been told there is an issue with the electric and they don't know what it is or why no one has dealt with it. Had a couldn't care less attitude.

Off back to Eon who in my experience care about their customers and do always respond either by email or phone.

AVOID ROBIN HOOD AT ALL COSTS - it might look cheap but it has now cost me as I ended up on Eon's standard tariff for my electric :-( Worth paying a little more for good customer service.
  • rogcal
    rogcal Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm in the process of switching to Robin Hood from Extra Energy where I was one of their first customers and saw first hand how not to operate billing and customer services departments but give them their due the have improved and I'm glad I stuck with them rather than bail out as many did in the early days.

I'm only leaving them because they are no longer offering a fixed rate tariff for those who wish to pay on presentation of the bill which Robin Hood do.

I've read a few of the warnings in this discussion but even so I'll give RH a go and if anyone's interested I'll report back with either good news or bad.
  • rogcal wrote: »
    I'm in the process of switching to Robin Hood from Extra Energy where I was one of their first customers and saw first hand how not to operate billing and customer services departments but give them their due the have improved and I'm glad I stuck with them rather than bail out as many did in the early days.

I'm only leaving them because they are no longer offering a fixed rate tariff for those who wish to pay on presentation of the bill which Robin Hood do.

I've read a few of the warnings in this discussion but even so I'll give RH a go and if anyone's interested I'll report back with either good news or bad.

I've been on RH since May and I get a bill every month. They email 7 days in advance asking for meter reading then they issue the bill after 7 days.

TIP: If you want a spot on accurate bill, don't submit your reading until the 7th day after they ask for your reading wise they'll still estimate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure