Have you tried to claim compensation for flight delays?

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's a contested point. Search the forum for connecting flights and you'll see what I mean.
  • Eva91
    Eva91 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hey guys!

I am looking for some advice.
    On 22nd of January we had a flight from London luton to Vilnius with WizzAir airline. The flight has been delayed for 3 and a half hours. I did write a complain letter to Wizzair company asking for a compensation. However, the answer has surprised me quite a lot.

They told me that I am not entitled to the compensation due to weather conditions and because its extraordinary circumstances.

And I would understand that if this would be TRUE , but it's an absolute lie . First of all, in the middle of the flight the pilot has indicated the reason why the plane was late and it was because the plane broke. And second of all, the weather was perfect. It wasn't windy or snowing and I cannot believe that without looking into the system and checking delay reason they replied to me it was because of weather condition.

So I just wonder can somebody give me an advice on the next step. Should I email them back again or should I go higher and write a letter to CAA?

Thanks in advance .
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Hi Eva91,

Forget the CAA just issue an NBA, read Vaubans guide
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Eva91
    Thanks ! It is very informative and I was just about to write a letter to the Chairmain to complain for the last time. However, I don't have any contact information to reach them. Do you have any ideas where I can get email address of WizzAir Chairman?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
  • NoviceAngel
    Eva91 wrote: »
    Do you have any ideas where I can get email address of WizzAir Chairman?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

I don't unfortunately, but I would write directly to the company's registered address, you can get this from Company's house.

My feeling is it won't make a jott of difference I would just issue the NBA, Whizz Air like Jet2 play hard ball with Claimants
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Eva91 wrote: »
    Thanks ! It is very informative and I was just about to write a letter to the Chairmain to complain for the last time. However, I don't have any contact information to reach them. Do you have any ideas where I can get email address of WizzAir Chairman?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

The e-mail address of the Chief Executive Officer is:
    Jozsef.Varadi@wizzair.com
  • Eva91
    Skid_Marks wrote: »
    The e-mail address of the Chief Executive Officer is:
    Jozsef.Varadi@wizzair.com

Skid Marks,

Would it be appropriate to send NBA letter to him? Or would you think its too personal?

Thanks!
  • Eva91 wrote: »
    Skid Marks,

Would it be appropriate to send NBA letter to him? Or would you think its too personal?

Thanks!

I would send it by registered post to the company address. Quite frankly the CEO will only farm it out to somebody down the chain of command anyway.

Make yourself familiar with Vauban's guide before sending off your NBA.
  • Eva91
    Skid_Marks wrote: »
    I would send it by registered post to the company address. Quite frankly the CEO will only farm it out to somebody down the chain of command anyway.

Make yourself familiar with Vauban's guide before sending off your NBA.

Skid Marks,

Yes, I guess you are right.
    Am I right saying that I will need to send a letter to Budapest? Because I cannot find anything in UK.

Wizz Air Hungary Ltd.
    BUD International Airport Building 221
    H-1185 Budapest
    Thanks!
  • NoviceAngel
    I don't know if they have a UK registered address, but I do know that if they haven't then you may have to use the ESCP, if that turns out to be the case our good friend Dr Watson will be able to assist in the Ryan Air thread.

I'm afraid I really don't much at all about Wizz Air. I'd say I was more of a Jet2 fan but that would be untrue :beer:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure