Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • orwen
    • By orwen 19th Mar 17, 5:13 PM
    • 164Posts
    • 83Thanks
    orwen
    Second Bank Account?
    • 19th Mar 17, 5:13 PM
    Second Bank Account? 19th Mar 17 at 5:13 PM
    Hi,

If I need a second bank account with a debit card and no charges - very basic, no frills - is a TSB Classic Account the way to go please? I know they've just cut interest rates.

http://www.tsb.co.uk/current-accounts/classic-account/

Thanks.
Page 2
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 24th Mar 17, 1:43 PM
    • 4,770 Posts
    • 4,509 Thanks
    eskbanker
    We had a business acct before, a right complicated faff! This time it's for a much more ad-hoc usage so looking for a simple acct.
    Originally posted by buglawton
    Which accounts have you considered so far from your research and what do their Ts & Cs say about business use?

Some of my personal accounts are with Santander and I opened a new business account with them a few weeks ago - it was available for use in my online banking the same day as I applied, a completely painless and faff-free experience!

You may find that a business account with your current bank is similarly straightforward, but I wouldn't recommend opening a second personal account with the same bank in case they took exception to misuse and jeopardised access to all of your money - avoiding 'all eggs in one basket' is another reason why many on here have multiple accounts....
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 24th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    • 6,725 Posts
    • 2,922 Thanks
    buglawton
    A biz account is more complicated to log into and has lots of additional bells & whistles like you can add users for restricted actions. But most of all, it charges an annual fee.
    Got a fur sink. An electric dog polisher. A gasoline powered turtleneck sweater. And, of course, I bought some dumb stuff, too. –Steve Martin
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 24th Mar 17, 3:17 PM
    • 6,725 Posts
    • 2,922 Thanks
    buglawton
    My issue is I cannot spare the time to go into town centres of any kind. So need some accessible in branch service for exceptional issues and to present form/ID to open it.

I tried the local post office today but they don't have the forms or the competency, so are not an 'Account opening branch'. Next I thought of Tesco in case some in-store service is possible at a large branch I pass on the way to work.

But... "To ensure we can serve our existing customers we are pausing applications for new accounts"
    Got a fur sink. An electric dog polisher. A gasoline powered turtleneck sweater. And, of course, I bought some dumb stuff, too. –Steve Martin
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

274Posts Today

2,535Users online

Martin's Twitter