IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Parking ticket.

Hi,
I have recieved a Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye for parking in a service area behind a retail park and have a couple of questions:

1. It says on the notice date of issue 31/01/2017 and gives the offer to pay the discounted rate (£60) if paid within 14 days (Today) however the notice didn't arrive on my doormat until 09/02/2017. Is this a tactic by the company of sitting on the ticket until near the 14 day period has expired to pressure me into paying??

2. In the grey box at the bottom it says they "we have originally written to the registered keeper of the vehicle whose details were held by the DVLA at the time of the parking event and they have informed us that you were responsible for this vehicle at the time of the parkin event"
Well I am the registered keeper, but they haven't sent anything previously or it hasn't arrived.
Are they just trying it on or has a first letter gone astray??

3. They call the area a service yard, but then go on to describe that the signage/car park/appropriate permit-authorisation all relate to a car park.... is this worth pointing out/using as a technicality?

4. Myself and x3v colleagues were there, all in seperate vehicles (x1 private and x2 marked/liveried) but I am the only one to have recieved a notice. Is it worth calling the cameras accuracy into account as it hasn't recorded the x3 other vehicles.

5. What is the best course of intial action - say that I am refusing to name the driver or go straight to the appeals process?

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 February 2017 at 8:28PM
    1) I doubt it , but all these companies allow the early bird discount bribe in order to scare the gullible into paying , so I suppose its a valid tactic for those who dont know better

2) sounds like they think its a lease vehicle, so probably a copy and paste template error

3) yes at popla , no at appeal stage , at appeal stage just use the blue text template "as is" , the idea is to get a popla code , not fall into the trap of arguing with PE and finding that the appeal window "times out"

4) follow the advice in the NEWBIES sticky thread , hundreds of people on here will tell you the same , because its the tried and tested method , which is why that NEWBIES thread is up to date and is "stuck" near the top of this forum (in theory , you should not have to ask , all you should do is read, and follow those instructions by coupon-mad)

methinks you are looking too deep into these murky waters, back up and do what the good lady says in that NEWBIES thread , you know it makes sense
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sounds like you have the slam-dunk winning version of a PE PCN, the one with the blank space at the bottom and nothing about keeper liability?!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71526676

Easy, easy, easy to see off at POPLA as long as you follow the templates and point out to POPLA that this is not a POFA PCN and you are appealing as keeper (driver NOT identified). The templates will get you through this to cancellation, if that's the PCN you have.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I shall try and scan/upload the notice later today when I get home from work, so it is clear what kind of notice it is. Thanks for your comments/help so far
  • Coupon-mad
    You don't need to, the link I gave you shows a scan of the 'best' type with the blank space. Also it is really obvious if yours does not state that 'after 29 days from service of the Notice' the registered keeper will be liable.

We don't need to see, you can check yourself.
  • I'm pretty sure mine has the blank space ath the bottom and is missing the info that you have mentioned.
    I think I have found the letter template page that I need , via a couple of links, I was going to post the links to verify, but as a new user this privilidge is not allowed.
    The post ref. Cockhedge Parking Fine then onto the one titled dropbox.
    Is this correct and if so which letter do I need to use?
    Many Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    You don't send a letter and this doesn't need explaining on every thread...the NEWBIES thread tells you which appeal to use for a BPA member. Copy that blue writing appeal into PE's appeal page, choosing 'registered keeper' in their drop-down menu. It is that simple, please no post asking 'is it this one' as we can't stand that any more...!
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You don't send a letter and this doesn't need explaining on every thread...the NEWBIES thread tells you which appeal to use for a BPA member. Copy that blue writing appeal into PE's appeal page, choosing 'registered keeper' in their drop-down menu. It is that simple, please no post asking 'is it this one' as we can't stand that any more...!

I understand it must get frustrating repeating the same things over and over again, but (this is a compliment) there is so much information on here it can be a bit overpowering. Some of it links to the same info, but it is easy to get sidetracked or bogged down with all this even on on the Newbies page.
    I think the fear is that if we do not get it 100% then we will leave ourselves open to being kicked in the gonads for the £100. That is certainly the case in my circumstances.
    I appreciate all the help so far .
    I have sent the template via the PE website and kept evidence.
    Any idea on the next step or is it not so set in stone?
    Thanks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread (the one you will be become very , very familiar with) , tells you the next step , which is a popla appeal when PE refuse your appeal and issue a popla code

so you will be told yet again what we tell every newbie

read the newbies sticky thread
  • OK Thnaks, I have received an automated reply from Parking eye, so I guess I will wait now for the popla code.
  • Hi,
    I have recieved an email back from Parking Eye informing me that my appeal has been unsuccessful and also present is the Popla Code. Is there a time frame when I need to get my appeal to Popla by?
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport