What small DFW things will you do this week? W/C 15 May

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 May 2017 at 10:02PM
    Evening all!

The YS run was fruitful, even though I didn't manage to find an immediate solution to dinner tonight I did manage to get:

Pack of sliced roast beef (will cook in gravy for a roast)
    2 packs of med veg (1 going in a curry tomorrow)
    3 sandwiches for tomorrow
    3 packs of cream cakes (1 eaten, 1 in fridge, 1 in freezer)
    2 small packs of grapes
    1 pack of croissants (outside for the fox)

They seem to have reduced the discount to 85 % instead of 90% which seems a bit odd but is still dirt cheap.

I bought a couple of pies for dinner which I did with HM chips and baked beans.

I've taken the turkey out of the freezer to defrost for slow cooker curry tomorrow. I still need to pack up some stuff for zapper and then I will jump in the bath.

Night all :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Happy hump day!

Rain, rain here today :(

FatVonD, whilst I was in Tesco's yesterday I picked up some YS raspberries, eclairs and some burger buns. It made me think of you and I was quite proud of my little YS collection :)

Today's plan:

- Check banking
    - Check eBay sales...some haven't paid yet, how annoying!
    - Get a workout in later around lunch
    - Pop to Matalan and pick up a click and collect parcel. I shopped around for a holiday bikini which wasn't expensive
    - Complete some more Swag stuff. I think I can claim around £10 so far but I want to get to £25 or more
    - Cancel home insurance with L&G as renewal price came in so expensive! Going to buy with Tesco's which saves almost £200 and via Quidco which will give me £45 cash back :)
    - All meals from home

Enjoy your day x
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Good Morning all,

Another wet day! I'm sure the plants are enjoying it.

I managed to get the shopping done yesterday and last nights tea was salad, Chicken and asparagus tips (30p in the reduced section) it was delish. I also bought Jersey Royals for 65p in Aldi and we ate half of those, the other half will be spiced up and served with the chilli I've just pulled out of the freezer. Managed to pick up two jars of coffee that DH loves, they were reduced by £2.79 down to £5 for the big jars in Tesco. Still not cheap but he drinks black strong coffee and it's the only thing he insists on having a particular brand.
    Todays plans include
    - Check bank
    -Post ebay parcels
    -Iron
    and list the rest of my haul from earlier in the week.
    -Make a lasagne and divide up for the freezer
    -NSD today
    -Make DH lunch so he doesn't buy a sandwhich

It's brightening up a bit so fingers crossed I can peg out later
    Did anyone watch the food programme last night. OMG all that food they throw out and waste. Surely it's common sense to use up leftovers.
    Have a good day all x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Morning :) happy hump day! It's the usual slog to get back to being on top of things after a holiday! House continues to be a mess!

I'm doing ot today from home :( only 1 more week after today and I get my Wednesday's back :j I've been asked if I'll do some more ot, but this time in the area I work. But I think I'm going to turn it down. Really hard to do as I feel so broke but am missing the time and that is having a knock on effect on everything else...

foxgloves thinking of you today x

Small things:

* all meals from stores - will make a vegan chilli which will see me through the next few days ;)
    * grab something out of freezer for oh & madam
    * somehow find time to tidy up!
    * read martin's email
    * taking madam to preschool session at 2
    * will take her to the park and the library afterwards. Pick up a new book for myself while there ;)
    * contact HR about the email I sent asking if due to the ot I have been doing I am entitled to more al. Annoying they aren't
    responding....
    * checked weather forecast and I might be able to get an hour at the lottie this afternoon. Might also do some potting on & sowing this evening

Ok better get a move on!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Foxgloves, hope things go well todayTwins, raspberries have been very thin on the ground here of late, I'm down to my last pack!

I woke up to find that DS has eaten my lunch time sandwich during the night so I will need to buy something now, grrrr! His phone was also ringing when I left which I suspect is about the job but he was asleep, the phone was buried in a bag in the kitchen and I was running late :(

My courgettes have little yellow spots on the leaves (about the size of a pin head, should I be worried?
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning everyone
    twins I hope everything went well with DS external exam

Cat cleaning all done. During the night they had managed to knock a large vase that has twigs and lights off the sideboard:shocked:. Fortunately not broken but it was literally dangling close to the floor held by the light wires-a very close call. So that all sorted and bits cleaned up.

Banking all done-Christmas voucher money paid. I'm always ahead with Christmas shopping, vouchers come in handy for Jan sales. Have said to DD who is thinking of changing her tablet ready for uni that I would buy her a new one if she decides it is worthwhile. I would be able to use my vouchers for this and it would be something she at least wants and main present sorted:T
    I'm pleased to say that DD is very much of the mindset of, 'do I want it, do i need it'. It will take her to the end of Oct at least to make a final decision:rotfl::rotfl:
    Housework to complete today
    Two invoices to generate
    One ebay parcel left to post-will do this later when I drop DD at work
    I was thinking about the June birthdays twins and julie said they had coming up. A friend of DD who really helped us looking for missing kitty-her birthday is coming up. Dug around in my present box yesterday for a little something and bought a small box of chocs from missing kitty now home. Gave them to her last night by way of a thank you aswell.
    Card still to buy for friends birthday

Hopefully weather will cheer up to get more washing out but that's about it from me.
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Morning everyone! Pouring with rain here and I've been up since 6am as I had a blood test at 8.40am and had to get up and also get ready LO! Luckily that's all done and we avoided getting to wet!

I've got my mum coming over today o see me and LO which will be nice, other than that:

- Check banking
    - Quick tidy of the flat ~ Done
    - Swagbucks
    - Load of washing and tumble dry
    - All meals from home

Have a good day everyone x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning

I have ben keeping the DFW faith over the last few days and reading along, but not finding the time to post.

Today:
    Open all curtains fully to make the most of the natural light
    LSD
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use
    B & L from stores, I plan to buy naan bread from the Naan bakery to go with the chana marsarla I made yesterday, that will be mine and ds' dinner, dd will have something out of the freezer
    May go shopping, if I do I'll stick to the list
    May be helping my sister move, if we do pack plenty of snacks for everyone
    Educate children for free
    Entertain us for free
    Arrange house insurance, due to our house being built of non standard construction we can't use the online comparison tools, we need to use a broker, so no cash back :( but we are properly covered if we ever need to claim :)
    Read weekly email done
    PAD done
    FPL, Ashleigh etc
    Make a batch of porridge
    Use UHT milk (this was given to me by a friend who bought semi instead of her usual skimmed) in porridge so I can keep fresh milk for the children to drink, including my nephews and niece when they visit
    Set dw to run overnight
    Set wm to run overnight
    Dry washing on the airier

Tidy house = tidy mind:
    Keep kitchen table clear
    Clear worktop, lots of equipment has been left out, waffle maker etc
    Clean hob (naughty BB I should of done this yesterday as soon as I had finished cooking, instead I sat down with a pot of tea and had a chatted to BIL)
    Delete 100 emails
    done

Ideally I would like to spend some time sorting out one of our rooms which has turned into a dumping ground

Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :)
    It has been pouring with rain all day, not stopped once :(
    Looked after GD all day, and it has been hard to entertain her totally indoors - we did venture out to jump in puddles for about 20 minutes this morning, but she got drenched as she wouldn't use her umbrella, or stay under mine!
    So, not much achieved today:
    Quick tidy up first thing
    Dog refused to walk - he doesn't 'do' rain!
    Got some ebay parcels ready to post, but didn't manage to get to the post office :(
    Not spent anything :T
    Made scones with GD, she had her own piece of dough and used her animal cutters :rotfl:I made 'normal' ones for us. GD ate all of hers :rotfl:
    Had bolognese left over from the night before last for dinner :T
    Managed a Yougov survey, getting close to payout on that one now :D
  • nikongirl
    nikongirl Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 May 2017 at 7:26PM
    Yesterday I paid off a debt I'd been paying in £40 instalments since 2009. There was £322 left and (thanks to a little push from my mortgage broker!) I just rang them and paid the lot.

This week I've also (finally) sent a box of stuff to music magpie (£9.20), sold a bag for £60, withdrew my matched betting funds (£160) and requested a withdrawal from my Quidco account for a grand total of... £1.24.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure