Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :A Thanks All for Dad wishes

He is very dopey but feeling better, urine less dark now with Mum's assistance of endless glasses of water :)

Doctor calling today for a check up
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    Forumite
    :(

The farmhouse sheds next door to Parents were burgled last week :mad:

They live in quite a remote place with only 3 houses in area, the drive way to farmhouse is opposite their front door.

:) and they have CCTV in porch :)
    But have to wait for Dad to get better to be able to view it...
    Our Family Motto ~

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Good afternoon Elite :hello:

It started sunny here this morning, overcast and very breezy now. And as I spoke the sun popped out. Oh well, it's going to be that sort of day :rotfl:

Job for today has been shredding newspapers to take to the local hedgehog rescue. They do a brilliant job running the rescue without any funding. The man and woman who run it both work full time and use their own cash along with donations to run the rescue. Not an easy job with medines to buy off treatments and all the other items needed.

So Easter weekend is over and we move back into the usual routine of the grindstone of work for some, running a home and childcare for others, and even a few doing all of these things. I count myself so lucky that I am free of all of them, apart from occasional childcare and dog care :)

NSD for me today :T

Hugs to the Elite who are poorly or low in spirit, you're in my thoughts xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    Forumite
    Snap, I hope your dad is drinking his water and that the antibiotics are doing their job, you must be worried sick. I'm sending loving and healing thoughts to him xx

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• Snap-ant
    Forumite
    15956721-large.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~

• altojack
    Forumite
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :A Thanks All for Dad wishes

He is very dopey but feeling better, urine less dark now with Mum's assistance of endless glasses of water :)

Doctor calling today for a check up

Oh, thats good news Snap, it's such a bl00dy worry with water infections in the older person. Please let us know what the doc has to say, if you don't mind xx
    :(

The farmhouse sheds next door to Parents were burgled last week :mad:

They live in quite a remote place with only 3 houses in area, the drive way to farmhouse is opposite their front door.

:) and they have CCTV in porch :)
    But have to wait for Dad to get better to be able to view it...

Noooo, that's a massive worry for your parents that they don't need. Hopefully their cctv will have the information that the police need so the theiving so and so s get caught pretty quick :mad:

• altojack
    Forumite
    15956721-large.jpg

Has someone been playing silly burgers there? :eek: :rotfl:

• aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Anon wrote: »
    I am experiencing this too now on CS as Cadbury eggs have gone no matter who is signing in after claiming on one account :( - I wonder if you are fine to upload to all if you do it straight away, but once processed it is removed/one offer per device? It doesn't seem to have been implemented on CoS yet but it is sure to follow :(.

Anon

Presumably it only goes away once it's tracked into your account because I claimed 3 accounts on 1 device one after the other
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not sure about the paint mhoc, but how are the pine doors finished? If they are waxed they would probably take more rubbing down than varnished ones, and with pine I would think they would be waxed.

I think your first step should be to find out how to best remove the current finish.

Oh, and I varnished my kitchen cupboard doors in the garden, ended up with one or two bits stuck in the varnish :eek:

Just varnish I think but they are as they came, no extra coats on them and no wax but they are solid pine. I was hoping to just do a sand down, prime and paint job.
    I could practice with a drawer front first to see what the final look would be.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • nanx4
    nanx4 Posts: 277
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 18 April 2017 at 12:40PM
    2x Walkers Smoky Bacon Crisps (6x25g) £2.90 £2.00
    2x Jacob's Crinklys Variety Pack (7x25g) £3.30 £2.00
    1x Walkers Crinkles Cheddar & Onion Flavour Potato Crisps (6x23g) £1.45 £1.00
    1x Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps (6x25g) £1.45 £1.50

these are my results from this morning v T
    thanks to izzey:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills