What was on TV the day you were born, 1923-2009 BBC Genome Project

Just a bit of fun really.

http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/

Welcome to the BBC Genome Project

What's here

This site contains the BBC listings information which the BBC printed in Radio Times between 1923 and 2009. You can search the site for BBC programmes, people, dates and Radio Times editions.

We hope it helps you find that long forgotten BBC programme, research a particular person or browse your own involvement with the BBC.

This is a historical record of both the planned output and the BBC services of any given time. It should be viewed in this context and with the understanding that it reflects the attitudes and standards of its time - not those of today.
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• isualive
    isualive Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks OP!
    Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~ Mother Teresa
  • Brilliant..!

Hower, somethings haven't changed, as on the day I was born 34 years ago this was the description of one of the programs:
    Unemployment
    Factory closures are often in the news these days and much time is devoted to discussing their implications for the British economy. But what are the effects of unemployment on an individual's family life? ROY COATES and PAUL ELLIS were both made redundant last year, but the experience has changed their lives in completely different ways.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure