PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comments

• New budget starts on Saturday, and I've decided to aim for £90 this month, which is a lower budget than last month. Limiting myself to £12/week for the first 3 weeks for perishables (bread and fruit). I did a plan, and can comfortably get through 3 weeks living from my freezer, and still have a lot of food left over for January. It's slightly ridiculous tbh :rotfl:.

Mum will get whatever I have left over towards my keep for Christmas.
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As I've failed at £100 for the last 2 months I've decided to increase to £120 for December and see if I can make under budget for once. Starts on wed 28th until christmas payday whenever that is for the long month until the end of Jan

So here we go then with £120 for Dec
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Popped into Sainsbugs to pick up some food and bits for Christmas. :) Spent £38.38 and also picked up some Christmas presents while out and about but they aren't included in the budget.

I think I need to leave around £20 for the week before Christmas to buy veg, a duck and a ham joint for Christmas day and boxing day. So that leaves around £70 for the rest of December up to the 20th.
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Oh dear, I'm slipping back into my naughty spendy ways again. Doctor asked me to go back on wheat for a week or so until I get blood tests done so what did I do, I went to the petrol station and bought a croissant and a small french stick. No restraint at all! :o Then, I bought a bag of haribo whilst buying some bits. :(. So another £2.28 spent. Kick up the bum required please.

xx
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    DH picked up 2 ys sirloin steaks at Mr T today for £3.30. An unplanned spend but a good deal. Have stuck them in the freezer and it will keep him happy for the next 2 Saturday nights.

I am not planning anymore spends until the weekend. The flooding is bad here today and one entrance to the estate is flooded and I can hear the river roaring behind my house:eek:
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • XSpender wrote: »
    DH picked up 2 ys sirloin steaks at Mr T today for £3.30. An unplanned spend but a good deal. Have stuck them in the freezer and it will keep him happy for the next 2 Saturday nights.

I am not planning anymore spends until the weekend. The flooding is bad hereo today and one entrance to the estate is flooded and I can hear the river roaring behind my house:eek:

o that's awful I hope the weathers kinder for you all tonight, it must be terrifying stay safe x
    2 week 5:2=5.5lb off.
  • gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    first December spend for me today: 77.24 €

take care everyone in the awful weather - looks terrible.
    Trying to keep in budget.

• Lucyv
    Lucyv Posts: 37 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do we include everything we by - cleaning things, pet things, toiletries, clothes?

I need to buy light bulbs tomorrow and milk and fabric conditioner and I don't know if the light bulbs count as groceries? Sorry if this is a stupid question :o
    Family of 5 vegan humans plus a non vegan cat. 

September grocery challenge £171.33/£750
    Credit card debt- £13246 left

• rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I’ve really enjoyed indexing the GC recipes for the past few years but some RL changes are making things a little difficult for me to keep track.

So, I’m wondering if anyone else would like to take on the indexing. I can explain how its done, its really quite simple and you could arrange/re-arrange, make any changes or improvements you like.

If you’re interested please pm me

Many thanks
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I am new to this, please could you add me to this challenge please and my budget for December is £250 this needs to include Xmas food/goodies not gifts.
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure