We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Choille, your windows are like our new chicken shed. I have just about finished the base, (ran out of cement on the last little bit!:mad:) but can't manage to get the sides up there until we have another strong adult to hand.

Hopefully, Mrs Chatty can go back with the other birds today, which will free our sick bay up for conversion to an isolation unit for some new birds, sourced a while ago and put on hold.

Meanwhile, we shall be off to see the architect again soon to discuss Plan B, as we're not going to spend wildly on Plan A after all. It was a nice (expensive!) exercise in maximising the potential of this particular house, but it wasn't what I had in mind when we bought the place really, so it will be no great loss.....
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    well the sun is out again !! and forecast is good for the weekend :D

i am amazing myself at the "items of interest" i am finding around the house...stuff i forgot / have no idea why ive got...:o

i am REALLY excited..i love the buzz of selling and love the banter of convincing people that the item is JUST WHAT THEY NEED :rotfl::rotfl:

we will see.....

my van has been kidnapped...again... but son says "he wont be long"....:cool:

got him a job of cleaning a large houses windows tomorow..worth a £100 to him....but a LOT of windows..:rotfl:
    i need to source boxes today, but have airport run at 3pm so will have to juggle time ..:o

LIR..pony sales are on the 20th sept. my postie has said he would transport anything either to our standby field /or to you if you needed it... :D

i hope all you bods are having good wevver :D
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »

LIR..pony sales are on the 20th sept. my postie has said he would transport anything either to our standby field /or to you if you needed it... :D

i hope all you bods are having good wevver :D

wow, royal mail is amazing!:rotfl:

20th.......will check diary. Sounds exciting. I am also talking to a lady about a heavy horse. Sublime /ridiculous.
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    Just coming up for air and reading all your shenanigans :D

But I miss Itsme, just hope she's ok.

Horses are bigger than me and eat lots, so wont be getting one any time soon :o

Dave, well done on the show and hope plan b proceeds.

Alf, you'll wow them at the jumble, just in case it's windy might be worthwhile taking some strong pegs and ropes/webbing to tie down your gazebo.

CTC, dont know if there is a glass's guide to caravan prices, just push the b*****s and read the insurance clauses to see if they are pulling a fast one.

Lir, hope your appointments sorted out, we've had better luck in that DW is going for her knee xray Friday AND the pain is easing and knee becoming more functional.

Thank goodness for Continental design, its saving our bacon atm, Finel Arabia last month and Norstrand this month :D

Alf, bought a chinese ceramic of a dog with an ear and one paw missing! No, its not for sale:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Listed 24 items last night, 6 more to go tonight and a lot more to follow.. Another auction tomorrow and I just may splash the cash. Watch this space :)
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    8f464d3aafbbdff13c54d2660b21053c322747e4.jpg

soooooo many hoss's needing homes :(:(:(

people are being sensible if they cant keep them i suppose but so many end up in "NOT good homes"....
    i cant really have anymore....;) for now....:o
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    iv done some mad things in my time but ive just been out in the garden photo'ing my son in a clump of bamboo dressed as Steve Urwin for a trial run for the bestival..... he's his mothers son...:rotfl::rotfl:
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Very windy & wild here - Got Benjamin the tup & home. What a wee beauty. I'll have to some how get my weder down off the hill tomorrow to give him a bit of company.

One of my Scot's Greys is all head down & messy bum tonight - doesn't bode well - suddenly she looks ill - don't know what's wrong.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    iv done some mad things in my time but ive just been out in the garden photo'ing my son in a clump of bamboo dressed as Steve Urwin for a trial run for the bestival..... he's his mothers son...:rotfl::rotfl:

C'on you cant take pics, mention them and NOT show them:eek::D

He could one step further and go as David belamy, but then I expect its only us oldies will know him:rotfl:
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    One of my Scot's Greys is all head down & messy bum tonight - doesn't bode well - suddenly she looks ill - don't know what's wrong.

Know how you feel...
    Mrs Chatty still isn't right either. We put her back with the others today, but she was just standing looking miserable by afternoon.
    Vet doesn't know what might be wrong... (yes, I know, but she's a favourite!!:o) She's a good weight, has good colour, no sign of internal problems, but she has the squits, won't eat pellets and even corn doesn't tempt her. :( It's a mystery.
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wonder if it's an internal parasite thing, but it was so sudden today - maybe eaten something a bit off? Goodness knows. She looks so well - red comb, feathers all shiny & was perfectly perky earlier on today....

I hate his bit of animal keeping - when you're stumped & they look so poorly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure