We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Comments

• lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thats great!

I need three or four in total
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    ctc............ WATCHING OPENING ???

SO FAR IM BORDERING ON COMA...........
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I forgot to say earlier, I found a tiny frog in the garden, the size of half my thumb, so it looks like my small barrel pool might have worked after all, I haven't seen it this year since the nettles grew up around it :o:D

I wasn't worried about it running out of water for some reason :rotfl:

Yay, frogs in the garden :)

And as I said on MrBE's thread, I now have a courgette glut, that came a bit quick, the hot weather seems to have worked wonders for them.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    LOL.... Alfie, apart from 'queenie' with james bond, and mr bean i am totally lost and confused... which doesnt take alot for me:D

BUT i tell you what i am piddled off with, is the part about celabrating the NHS.... what a kick in the teeth for them, especially with all the cuts, and prob the money they spent on the bloody Olympics could have been spent on the NHS, so there would be no job cuts and they could improve the services...
    ( what i mean is they are not telling the wrold the other side of the NHS, what the government are doing to it)
    Work to live= not live to work
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    thats it I have had enough of the Olympics i have now change the chanel to Dave...... watching Frank Skinner now
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    LOL.... Alfie, apart from 'queenie' with james bond, and mr bean i am totally lost and confused... which doesnt take alot for me:D

BUT i tell you what i am piddled off with, is the part about celabrating the NHS.... what a kick in the teeth for them, especially with all the cuts, and prob the money they spent on the bloody Olympics could have been spent on the NHS, so there would be no job cuts and they could improve the services...
    ( what i mean is they are not telling the wrold the other side of the NHS, what the government are doing to it)

Popping out of hiding again to say thank you CTC for acknowledging this. I work for the NHS as a clinical psychologist in mental health services and myself and my hubby (also same job) both said the same. I thought it was quite ironic that they 'dismantled' the NHS quite a few times throughout the display, pretty much echoing what they're doing to it. Funny that they celebrate it but only with nurses and doctors and also that it probably won't exist within a few years the way it's going :( back into hiding and reading now :)

Oh and CTC I live in Warwick and according to the weather we are in for rain again after this weekend, fingers crossed it improves for the bulldog bash though :)
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Well, perhaps a lone voice here, but I really enjoyed the opening ceremony!

Very inclusive, some wit, spectacle and I was gobsmacked with the cauldron at the end.

Anyhow, for some reason I've just bought some vintage horse tack (dont ask me what it is!), an Art Deco electric fire (stunning, but lead chopped off), flat irons, galv watering can and other odds and sods. Now all I need is a horse riding art deco loving electrician who uses antique irons by choice and has a phobia against plastic watering cans. Simples!!
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,724 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi, I need some advice and thought you helpful chaps (not creeping honest) could help. I've got a problem with damp in the bathroom. I've been told its because the insulation doesn't go in far enough. OH has been up and the gap is tiny! Any ideas what we can put in there as there is no way conventinal (sp) insulation will fit. OH wanted to lob bean bag beans into the space, I'm not so sure.

Any ideas?
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    rhiwfield wrote: »
    Well, perhaps a lone voice here, but I really enjoyed the opening ceremony!

Very inclusive, some wit, spectacle and I was gobsmacked with the cauldron at the end.

Anyhow, for some reason I've just bought some vintage horse tack (dont ask me what it is!), an Art Deco electric fire (stunning, but lead chopped off), flat irons, galv watering can and other odds and sods. Now all I need is a horse riding art deco loving electrician who uses antique irons by choice and has a phobia against plastic watering cans. Simples!!

Even though i have no money i would be interested in seeing the horse tack, might be able to id it for you at least.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    lucielle wrote: »
    Hi, I need some advice and thought you helpful chaps (not creeping honest) could help. I've got a problem with damp in the bathroom. I've been told its because the insulation doesn't go in far enough. OH has been up and the gap is tiny! Any ideas what we can put in there as there is no way conventinal (sp) insulation will fit. OH wanted to lob bean bag beans into the space, I'm not so sure.

Any ideas?
    L

No idea but, bubble wrap?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills