Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Options
    PepPop wrote: »
    Dragonllew Any word back yet about your OH?

No nothing yet still waiting to hear from the consultant at the hopital he rang them again yesterday but his secretary is off for 2 weeks and the one filling in knew nothing about it
  • cardpaperscissors
    Options
    Evening! Well I read back loads of pages until last night, jotted down some reply notes and now the blinkin' piece of paper's gone walkabout (or DH has 'tidied' it away). I can't remember half of what I read so I'll just have to say Hi to newbies, congrats to the winners and hugs to all in need of them. Me included as my gall-bladder pain has been rearing its horrible head again recently and I so do not want to end up in hospital again! I've also had a read of the special homepages and there's some absolutely lovely makes being posted.
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Options
    snippedCT :j:j :T:T Your own desk and pc :T:T:j:j How do you cope without one just now - I'd be lost without mine, I've got square eyes cos I'm on my comp from 9 - 5 every day. Hope you get your pay sorted tomorrow. I would have thought if your contract says 25 then you get paid 25 - well that how I do it anyway (shruggy shoulder thingy)

Well I bit the bullet, worked out my costs and added on some and sent off the email (I did check with my sis first as she knows her as to whether she thought she would be willing to pay it) so fingers crossed.

I've been desk sharing with the finance guy who only works one day a week. So I use his pc and phone for the other 4 days, but because it isn't mine, I can't alter the settings to set the PC up to how I want it. Haven't been able to put my 'pretty' makes ie pen holders and beer mat calendar out yet either so can't wait to have my own place.

Good luck with the order and pricing - hopefully the lady will be happy with your prices and will want to order lots, as they are beautiful.

My bed is calling, so catch up tomorrow xx
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • cardpaperscissors
    Options
    ooohhhh nooooo Rusty - have you taken the plaster off yet - I was bad enough taking the little one off from my bloods yesterday - yep chicken!

My morning went like this:
    woke up was p ing down with rain - thought good will have to take DD to school
    DD got up and sorted by herself - not good
    got to school leaving time - stopped raining - not good
    thought ok there'll be traffic - didn't speed, no traffic, lights on green, even the ones for me to cross the roads walking in were green :mad::mad:

walked in at 9:13 - set eyes on boss 2pm (bonus) are you ok deb (I hate her calling me that) she says in cheery voice from behind me- yes (I replied in auto pilot) actually no I'm not - hears panic in her voice - thought OMG now what do I say I never ever say anything just mutter under my breath and take it so told her I'd been for some tests as I'd not been feeling well for ages short conversation about blood tests which ended saying oh I must get the results of mine and wandering off :rotfl::rotfl:

I was braver than usual and have set the scene should anything else become necessary - didn't feel comfortable having a go at her in the middle of the office back in again tomorrow though :)

OH is away again tonight - DD has a friend for tea so will throw her in the bath and start crafting - I have an itch for some more proper stamps am getting fed up with fighting with the printer and my images not being the size I thought they would be :D.

Soooooooooooo if you had roughly £25 - £30 to spend on proper rubber stamps where would you shop and what would you buy? And (you're not gonna believe this) but no bears lol!

Have you looked at Lili of the Valley - the latest stamps are fabulous.

Hope you don't have to wait too long for BT results and that the work situation gets sorted soon.
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dragonllew wrote: »
    No nothing yet still waiting to hear from the consultant at the hopital he rang them again yesterday but his secretary is off for 2 weeks and the one filling in knew nothing about it

Ain't it typical!

CT I've got terrible OCD when it comes to my work desk - it drives me crazy when anyone sits at it, in fact I don't even like anyone standing behind me (I even moved it so I sit with my back to a wall now) The thought of sharing gives me the heeby jeebies - I know I should see someone about my strange behaviour :rotfl: Yours will look so much nicer when you've got all your own things around you.

Hot chocolate, toast, knitting and BFGW taped from last night are calling... see you tomorrow... here's one I made earlier if anyone wants one...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS12ZkrZ6NK-MaP_4HQwDpDRi8poabLZM6tBwKnOsYGiltspwg9eQ
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Padster, really no bears...? You really aren't feeling ok are you x My mind is a blank for stamps you might like, how about Whiff of Joy?

CT, for my rocky road I use 200g dark choc melted, 200g milk choc melted, 1 pack Maryland choc chip biscuits broken up, glug of golden syrup, 2 spoons of butter melted, big handful of mini marshmallows, big handful of dried fruit (I tend to use a mixture of raisins, cranberries, glace cherries, whatever I have really), Mix is all together and tip into a 20cm square tray x
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all

Just got back from a 'girls' night out, nothing exciting, just a meal with a dozen friends of many years standing & now I'm exhausted.

CT1972 - sounds like the 'finance guy' has just been dozy, I'm not qualified but if contract says 25 hours and you've worked 25 hours they owe you! And if you really want to push it ask for interest too! Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Padster - 'Hugs' for tomorrow sorry my stamping's carp so I rarely buy rubber (oh that could sound bad)

rainmac - rocky road sounds lovely.

Peppop - I'm another who's territorial about her desk, always opt for a corner with back to the wall though not as bad as I used to be.
  • macma
    macma Posts: 911 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ain't it typical!

CT I've got terrible OCD when it comes to my work desk - it drives me crazy when anyone sits at it, in fact I don't even like anyone standing behind me (I even moved it so I sit with my back to a wall now) The thought of sharing gives me the heeby jeebies - I know I should see someone about my strange behaviour :rotfl: Yours will look so much nicer when you've got all your own things around you.

Hot chocolate, toast, knitting and BFGW taped from last night are calling... see you tomorrow... here's one I made earlier if anyone wants one...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS12ZkrZ6NK-MaP_4HQwDpDRi8poabLZM6tBwKnOsYGiltspwg9eQ
    am I the only female on the planet who HATES hot chocolate ?
  • craftygranny
    Options
    macma wrote: »
    am I the only female on the planet who HATES hot chocolate ?

Err no i can't stand the stuff either or coffee.
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • macma
    macma Posts: 911 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :T
    Err no i can't stand the stuff either or coffee.
    :T:T
    Give me Bovril anyday !:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family