Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Comments

• Pinky00_2
    Pinky00_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    shadypm wrote: »
    Well, I couldn't wait for a reply any longer so I went ahead and booked the above hotel! I did my research and I felt confident it was the HILTON TOWER BRIDGE and it was!!!!

I got an absolute bargain there - £151 for 2 nights (weekend). Direct with Hilton would have cost £220. I am one happy bunny!

Hey pinky
    I been looking for a hotel for july and they were £160 plus... found the same one you went too-just read ur thread and checked out the site. Its looks lush-did u get a modern room and was it near 2 everything?

regards...

shadyp[/QUOTE]

I am not going until July also - I have checked the hotel out on Tripadvisor and it looks awesome! I believe all the rooms are super modern (we booked a double) and it is right on the South Bank, you can see London Bridge from dome of the rooms!
    Pinky
  • Hi, please can anybody tell me which hotel this is?

Price Madness at hotel with Pool near Square Mile - 4* - London
    Just a short walk to Europe's largest arts centre - the home of the London Symphony Orchestra - this modern hotel is located on the edge of London's famous Square Mile and is ideal for visiting London's historic and famous sights. After a busy day, why not relax in the hotel swimming pool and enjoy the great leisure facilites. Or enjoy a relaxing drink and meal in our AA Rosette awarded restaurant.
    Please note that Double / Twin room types are based on availability and although requests for double rooms can be made on check-in this cannot guaranteed.
    Hotel name and address: This information will be provided on your confirmation e-mail

Business facilities
    • Conference Rooms

Hotel facilities
      <LI class=hotelDescription>Room Service <LI class=hotelDescription>Concierge <LI class=hotelDescription>Free newspaper
    • Safety Deposit Boxes

Leisure facilities
      <LI class=hotelDescription>Gym <LI class=hotelDescription>Indoor Pool <LI class=hotelDescription>Massage* <LI class=hotelDescription>Sauna
    • spa
    *May incur an additional cost

Room facilities
      <LI class=hotelDescription>Air Conditioning(r) <LI class=hotelDescription>Cable television <LI class=hotelDescription>En-Suite Bathroom <LI class=hotelDescription>Tea/coffee facilities <LI class=hotelDescription>Telephone <LI class=hotelDescription>Television <LI class=hotelDescription>Trouser Press <LI class=hotelDescription>Hairdryer
    • Mini-bar(r)
    (r)This facility is room dependent

Restaurant
    • Restaurant: Offers a light and informal setting in which guets can enjoy a vast range of cuisine with a wide selection of English and French dishes on offer.

Bar
    • Bar: Open daily from 4pm til late serving a range of light snacks and meals.

Children policy
    • Children welcome

Cancellation policy
    • Cancellation charge is 100%

Pets policy
    • Guide dogs permitted only
    Check-in time: 14:00 Check-out time: 12:00

Local Attractions
      <LI class=hotelDescription>The Tower of London <LI class=hotelDescription>West End <LI class=hotelDescription>The Barbican Centre <LI class=hotelDescription>Tower Bridge
    • The City

<LI class=hotelDescription>Nearest airport: London Heathrow Apt <LI class=hotelDescription>Nearest train station: Kings Cross train station (1.5 miles)
    • Nearest metro: Old Street tube station (0.5 miles)
    thanks!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 May 2009 at 4:52PM
    Thistle city barbican.doesn't get great reviews on tripadviser
  • I'm trying to organise a surprise gift for my parents, who will be celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary in June. However, I've just looked on lastminute.com for a Top Secret Hotel in London (Mayfair) and they don't seem to have any for the end of June (yet when I looked yesterday there seemed to be a whole range of them). I haven't used lastminute.com before, so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here, or whether I am trying to book too far in advance etc.

Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated, as I only have a limited budget! :A

• jjdenton
    jjdenton Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 25 May 2009 at 7:59PM
    Does anyone know which hotel this is...?

Outstanding hotel located in Paddington! - 4* - London

With excellent connection links, this hotel is the perfect gateway to London. Hyde Park is a short stroll away and Oxford Street is within easy reach. We are ideally positioned to connect those staying for business or leisure. The hotel has all the facilities needed to make your stay pleasurable including High Speed internet, Flat screen TVs, Air conditioning, Restaurant, Bars and a Gym.

I'm thinking it may be the Hilton Paddington, but not sure... if anyone could confirm, I'd be grateful.
  • random-sunshine
    random-sunshine Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 26 May 2009 at 2:02PM
    Hi! Thank you for creating this thread! It's been of incredible help! I might have missed the answer to this one (sincere apologies if I have!), but, does anyone know which hotel the one below is?
    Amazing late offers in stunning contemporary hotel - 4* - London
    This 4 star hotel is central and convenient. Neighbours include the Tower of London and St Paul's Cathedral and only a few stops on the underground to the major shops and Theatreland of the West End and within easy reach of The O2 Arena. Modern and contemporary in style with a personal feel.

Location is convenient for all major transport links including London City Airport, Heathrow, London Stansted and Gatwick and only 4 stops on the Underground to Kings Cross St Pancras Station for the Eurostar. *Please note: Meeting and Events section under refurbishment until September 2008.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Edit: I have a feeling this is the Apex City of London Hotel because they had refurbishments for the meeting and events rooms until September 2008. However, any real confirmation of this hotel matching the above description would be most appreciated! Many thanks!
  • seahorse13
    seahorse13 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Experience luxury on the River Thames - 5* - London

A deluxe 5 star hotel set in a quiet oasis just off the Embankment which enjoys a post card panoramic view of the River Thames, from the Houses of Parliament to St. Paul's Cathedral. Just a short stroll will take you to the West End and Covent Garden with its bars, restaurants and shopping. Enjoy the tranquility and pampered comfort of your room or unwind in our Garden Courtyard listening to the soothing sound of a waterfall over a cocktail or al-fresco dining.

HOTEL REVEALED:

Swissotel London - The Howard
    Temple Place
    London
    WC2R 2PR
    UNITED KINGDOM
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 June 2009 at 4:12PM
    Pinky00 wrote: »
    Stunning hotel in a vibrant, central location - 4* - London
    Stunning, contemporary hotel, centrally located on the south bank of the Thames. Surrounded by some of London's most famous attractions including the world-famous Borough Market... and just a short hop from the legendary shops and theatres of the West End. Enjoy a drink or snack in the hotel's funky, friendly bar or sample the delights of the restaurant's amazing European cuisine.

Well, I couldn't wait for a reply any longer so I went ahead and booked the above hotel! I did my research and I felt confident it was the HILTON TOWER BRIDGE and it was!!!!

I got an absolute bargain there - £151 for 2 nights (weekend). Direct with Hilton would have cost £220. I am one happy bunny![/QUOTE]

Hi Pinky,

Thanks for this ... I managed to get this hotel for £260 for 3 nights for this weekend (thursday - Saturday) ... Hilton was quoting over £600!!!, so very pleased!! :beer:

Mark

UPDATE ... also managed to get a view of the Thames ... even if I had to look at an angle ... recommended hotel.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Myself and a friend are looking at a top secret hotel in London, any idea which one this is:

Riverside hotel with pool opposite Canary Wharf - 4* - London
    This charming hotel in Docklands is offering a high level of service, great hospitality, complimentary parking and is set within a stunning waterfront environment. Enjoy an appetizing meal in the restaurant with spectacular views over the water, particularly stunning by night.

If anyone has any ideas by today we would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks!
  • siaoeh
    siaoeh Posts: 282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Myself and a friend are looking at a top secret hotel in London, any idea which one this is:

Riverside hotel with pool opposite Canary Wharf - 4* - London
    This charming hotel in Docklands is offering a high level of service, great hospitality, complimentary parking and is set within a stunning waterfront environment. Enjoy an appetizing meal in the restaurant with spectacular views over the water, particularly stunning by night.

If anyone has any ideas by today we would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks!

this should be the Hilton Docklands
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport