Options

Comments

• Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    shoe wrote: »
    Hi wiggynut
    i have still not heard out direct from monument ...
    but i wanted to let you know Lloyds tsb have paid up today OMG:eek:
    So fingers crossed Moument not to far behind.x
    fingers crossed

No, I've not heard anything from Monument. I don't think we will until nearer the court date!
    Good news on your Lloyds payout! :T

I've got a letter from RBS - the letter was from Mint??? I didn't know they were linked!? offering me half and they are ignoring quite a few charges that they said they refunded but I've only ever got 3 refunds from them and they were for a different year!??!? so, slightly confused now but if I take them to court I would still get double of what they offered... was going to cave but I wont... £135 was offered but I could get £270!

I have 3 court cases that I need to start this week but I can only afford to do one so the other two will have to wait until payday which is only 3 weeks away. They are all just under the £300 mark including interest.

Apparently some people are claiming for 'a self-litigation fee of around £230'
    see this link http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=5646843#post5646843

not sure I understand enough to do that though... I'll be more than happy with the charges refunded... plus interest is a good bonus too :D

I'll keep ya posted if I hear anything :cool:
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • shoe_2
    shoe_2 Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Wiggynut
    why dont you try the ombudsman route?
    A few my friend have chose this option due being unable to pay court costs and they have come out rosie .:rolleyes:
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Options
    Hi Wiggynut
    why dont you try the ombudsman route?
    A few my friend have chose this option due being unable to pay court costs and they have come out rosie .:rolleyes:

Apparently I wouldn't get the interest back.. but I have heard some people do. I might try one of them to see what happens... try it out so to speak!
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
  • shoe_2
    Options
    hi wiggynut
    i sent a letter to Monument customer relations and also 1 to thier repesentives for court just highlighting that a court date had been set and that i was more than sure the judge would prefer a settlement pre court !
    i have had a letter back from coustomer services saying they will be in touch before or no later than 3rd AUG ...but we shall see !
    have you heard out yet ?
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Options
    :o
    hi wiggynut
    i sent a letter to Monument customer relations and also 1 to thier repesentives for court just stateing that a court date had been set and that i was more than sure the judge would prefer a settlement pre court !
    i have had a letter back from coustomer services stating they will be in touch before no later than 3rd AUG ...but we shall see !
    have you heard out yet ?

I've not heard anything else and as Monument never contacted me in three years despite 22 letters sent to them from me... I would keel over in shock if they did! But your letter sounds like it might move it all along a bit and could be worth trying!

It's been 6 months already! Other people have got their refunds back within 3 months - some even in 3 weeks! trust me to get a long one :rolleyes: - I think we ended up with a rubbish deal with Monument - a lesson learned for me :o

Is it possible that you could cut and paste your letter to share? I'm rubbish at writing letters and might just get their hackles up instead :p - hope you don't mind me asking that!

I rang my Nationwide bank but they it was rather late on Friday so I just missed them but a friendly lady said to call back on Monday and they might be able to tell me if they know if a court date has been issued! - it's been over a month since the transfer of court letter was sent to me - stretching it all out I guess. I've also started court proceedings on Capital - just under £300 and I've heard they pay out after 21 days! fingers crossed!

Good luck - lets hope they pay up around the 3rd of August - a month before the court date! :j
  • shoe_2
    Options
    :rolleyes:
    Hi wiggynut no problem ill post up the letter i sent on monday as i have it on my works comp...
    i just hope it will all come to a end for us both soon !!!
    never ever again would i deal with Monument !!
  • LozBingley
    LozBingley Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    Wiggynut wrote: »
    Apparently I wouldn't get the interest back.. but I have heard some people do. I might try one of them to see what happens... try it out so to speak!

You can't claim for charged Interest but you can charge interest @ 8% on the charges you are claiming ;)
    Read this and see how to Maximise your claim via the court ;)
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=5711043&postcount=1123
    Got It & Spent It :dance:
    IKEA CARD = £120 charges = £175 received (146%)
    MARBLES = £450 charges = £370 received (82%)
    I.F. = £494 charges = £494 received (100%)
    CAPITAL ONE = £981 charges = £1,489.03 (152%)
    BARCLAYCARD = £580 charges = £786.12 (136%)
    On Hold :mad:
    A+L = £722 charges (target = 147%)
    BARCLAYS = £1,405 charges (target = 128%)
    BARCLAYS = £175 charges (target = 140%)
    ABBEY = £3,220 charges (target = 148%)
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am just about to request my statements from Monument. Can anyone tell me if I write to the address on this site still now that the company have been taken over. When I phoned them last week to check my balance I got a call centre in America so I am unsure whether head office has also moved. Thanx in advance x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • hammerette_2
    Options
    Well I have my court date 7/8 wish me luck.

I have had my date for court for about 3 weeks now and have had no letters from monument requesting any info for their legal team.
    Will let you know any updates as my case seems to be before anyone else I might be able to let you know what to expect.
  • ICan'tStandIt
    Options
    penguin83 wrote: »
    I am just about to request my statements from Monument. Can anyone tell me if I write to the address on this site still now that the company have been taken over. When I phoned them last week to check my balance I got a call centre in America so I am unsure whether head office has also moved. Thanx in advance x

Their callcentre is still based in Crawley in Sussex, so write to the address on your statement, which is probably still the Barclays address in Northampton.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure