Reclaim CPP article discussion

Comments

• The refund scheme which ends on Saturday only covers the period post 2005.

Mis-selling complaints about CPP policies prior to January 2005 must go to the original seller of the insurance and are not subject to the same deadline.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection?_ga=1.195437742.340047350.1365283676#templateone

Hi, Have been told by CPP that we can make a claim direct to our bank for missold (credit card or bank loan protection - don't really know what for!) he actually gave us the policy number to quote.On Martins template - I havent got copies of statements from 2001 or any related documents. should I just delete that bit on the form?
    Please help I', so confused.:eek:
    if i had known then what i know now
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sinclair1 wrote: »
    Please advise here. Have just realised I have missed the date to apply for CPP compensation. Is there anything I can do?
    The CPP Refund Scheme closed today. However, you can still complain directly to the Bank who sold you the insurance for any period you held this insurance before 2005.

Clearly, you can no longer receive anything from after 2005 and any complaint about earlier you might make would certainly be hampered by you not knowing from which Bank you held a credit card.
  • knack92
    knack92 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Glad to see it's worked out ok for those that sent special delivery to the PO Box address.
  • Received a cheque yesterday for £76.07, I was worried the forms were 'lost in system' because I could never get past the security questions when calling and gave up trying, so it was a lovely surprise. Thank you MSE for templates
  • I need to highlight the fact that the CPP Identity Protection policies were all written on CPP letter heading, and envelopes, including the renewals. I never knew I had purchased these policies through Barclaycard and have had absolutely no paperwork from Barclaycard ever. This statement from CPP last Tuesday on the phone came as a complete surprise to me, just as did the purchase of the CPP Card protection when we activated a Thomas Cook Credit card in March 2010 and found we were answered by a company called CPP acting for Thomas Cook! So yes Martin, I am frustrated with them and yes we did feel pressured. It was not evident even some 3 years ago that in fact there was more protection from the banks than most people realised and this has come to light since such misselling has been highlighted. This was time, and still is, money we and others did not need to waste! The documentation received re the CPP Redress Scheme, and the responses to questions on their FAQ website are ambiguous. may I suggest you take a look at what they have said, some of which I have printed in hardcopy for future reference.
  • Posted my forms off using a combination of the various template wording from MSE site and got my cheque back the other day!

That was for premiums of £140 - they had mis-sold me once - £70 and then auto-renewed my "cover" without my knowledge. Interest added was another £70.

Total payout (less a bit of tax on the interest) was just short of £200!

Has helped with the bills a bit this month!

Thanks Martin and MSE!

:beer:
  • I phoned CPP on tues 26 august 2014 to say I never received a claim form . After a long wait for someone to answer I was told a form was sent out in February ( on the 'phone nearly 40 mins in all ).I have been sent another form but it didn't arrive in time for me to get it in for the deadline yesterday.I told the woman that it wouldn't be my fault if i don't get it in in time..she realised I wasn't happy about this.
    What shall I do now?
    Do I complain to The Financial Conduct Authority ?
    Do I contact Nat West ?
    I was unable to download MSE templates for letters to Bank or to
    Ombudsman ( or indeed to CPP)
    I'd welcome some help
    Thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    WorriedLou wrote: »
    What shall I do now?
    You left it too late, I'm afraid. The Redress scheme is now closed.

You cannot complain to the FCA about being unable to download the MSE templates-they were just an aid to complaint and MSE has no liability.
  • Thank you for the templates
    I completed them for my mum and she was thrilled to get a cheque for £124.13 this week
    Also thanks for keep nagging me to get them completed, the forms had sat on the kitchen table for ages.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure