Paypal and Non Receipt Dispute!

2»

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Also your account is in minus because the money for the item is frozen till the case is resolved
  • Head_The_Ball
    Head_The_Ball Posts: 4,067 Forumite
    shezza2 wrote: »
    This would not concern me because I NEVER use credit, if I can't pay for it I don't buy it.

Do you never anticipate buying a property with a mortgage?

Any adverse credit rating will fall off after six years.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,193 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

You need a CCJ for your credit to be affected enough to worry about a mortgage and no one has reported PayPal going that far now for years. They do use rather nasty debt collection tactics so it is worth the OP acquainting themselves with the law around what they are allowed to do and what they are not.

Obviously, as stated above, of OP doesn't settle this debt the. Neither they, nor anyone that PayPal consider to be associated with them can safely use PayPal again, and that means no eBay either.

OP it is almost unheard of to be able to win a PayPal case without tracking, have a read of the sticky postage thread here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3146680

Also the Russian Federation is notorious for issues as the customs department seem to hang on to things , I blocked it years ago having had a run of items never arrive. They are on par with Italy for issues.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    soolin wrote: »
    You need a CCJ for your credit to be affected enough to worry about a mortgage and no one has reported PayPal going that far now for years.

A CCJ being issued doesn't automatically affect your credit rating. It's only if the amount isn't paid off in full with 30 days of the date of issuance of the judgement that your rating may suffer.
    Pay the amount within 30 days and the judgement is removed from the register so won't be looked at by credit reference agencies.
  • soolin
    A CCJ being issued doesn't automatically affect your credit rating. It's only if the amount isn't paid off in full with 30 days of the date of issuance of the judgement that your rating may suffer.
    Pay the amount within 30 days and the judgement is removed from the register so won't be looked at by credit reference agencies.

Even better !
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • shezza2
    shezza2 Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

Never! I have made my last move and we are mortgage free.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You do have some bad luck OP - any news on your missing parcel from Hermes?
  • soolin
    Old thread alert this is a 13 month old thread that has been resurrected
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    soolin wrote: »
    Old thread alert this is a 13 month old thread that has been resurrected

Someone looking at passed threads and not accounting for timings.

You can expect that from a newbie, but it is odd from a regular poster.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure