IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Interesting read

/parking-firms-target elderly.
Head over to the mirror and youll find article. i cant add link
Interesting read I must say. Ive never been angry with the wardens that do this job, they like everyone who works no matter what they do are just making a living. Shocking that these companies pay such low wage to entice wardens to issue more.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Unattributed report, could be any one of them which infest hospitals. Has a 'ring' of UKPC (of 'Give them sites a good banging' fame) about it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/parking-firms-target-elderly-wardens-10029122

They're also suggesting that Chris Grayling MP gets involved. He's a bit 'wet' to do much in my view. But can't be any worse than Marcus Jones MP based on current inertia.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/voice-mirror-more-must-done-10029484
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    inandout11 wrote: »
    /parking-firms-target elderly.
    Head over to the mirror and youll find article. i cant add link
    Interesting read I must say. Ive never been angry with the wardens that do this job, they like everyone who works no matter what they do are just making a living. Shocking that these companies pay such low wage to entice wardens to issue more.
    According to the article these "workers" were classed as self employed, although I very much doubt there are!

However, what's worse is that the company isn't even named in the article.
  • If the paper is quoting someone then they legally have to be correct and obtain proof, so they would have evidence of such that they are self employed, I knew someone who worked for a parking company who was self employed but did earn what was minimum wage a couple years back. Mirror also can only name the company with consent of the whistleblower and the company involved.
    Could be one of many companies, but good to see that the scammers are being outed.
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    inandout11 wrote: »
    Mirror also can only name the company with consent of the whistleblower and the company involved.

I can understand if the whistleblower has spoken on the basis that the company isn't named to protect their identity but your second point about consent of the company is to be frank utter carp.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    If the paper is quoting someone then they legally have to be correct and obtain proof,
    A bit like the Sunday Sport reporting of a WW2 bomber found on the Moon? :rotfl:

5683785190_45962b83f9_b_d.jpg
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport