Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Yes we can add rumble strips to the list.:rotfl:

Any more ideas?:rotfl:

How are you feeling this morning E

My DS was two weeks late, and have never been on time for anything in his life ever since! :o
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Right off out catch up later :wave:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    Mine dont come from store comes from Derby way:eek:
    Is that for C&C as well as HD? C&C usually come from the nearest large store whereas HD come from a central hub (think mine might come from the same one as yours!)
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 March 2017 at 10:45AM
    tl;dr 1,000 dishwasher tablets for £46.48 delivered (4.648p/tablet). Good quality. Other quantities available.

After my supply of finish powerball (from some SADA/!!!!!! deal a long time ago - I forget) I needed to get some dishwasher tablets. I picked up a few bargains from farmfoods and !!!!!! but ran out again. Was happy with the "Which #2" dishwasher tablets from Aldi. After pricing up various options in poundstretcher and many other places and not bothering with a similar groupon deal (not many details) I decided to finally order a load from Germany that I'd seen on ebay a while ago (dieseifenblase-internethandel - was dieseifenblase previously). Previously I'd seen broken / damaged tablets but these weren't. They were cheaper on ebay than on their website.

I was a bit reluctant because of the postage costs and not really knowing if what you get will be any good. Anyway, in case it helps anyone here, and indeed anyone googling I thought I'd share a large picture of what arrived and my opinion.

I ordered "20 kg dishwasher tablets "12/1" wrapped in plastic 1000 tablets three-coloured". I paid £47.45 including postage. They're now £46.48.
    20 kg is a lot of tablets - about 1,000. I didn't count them :), nor weigh them. I just know it was a heavy box. Actually it was two boxes taped together. That was ideal because half went to my parents. The boxes were completely full and the tablets were not damaged.

So, the per tablet price then is 4.648 p which puts them at the same kind of price, if not cheaper than the likes of B&M and poundland. The delivery was very quick - next day I think. You can buy 10kg or 30kg too.

As for performance I haven't had any problems with these tablets. They seem to be doing a great job. I'm in a hardwater area.

dieseifenblase-internethandel_zpsyz9qcu4w.jpg
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    Morning all
    RL has been s**t these last few days..teenage grandson grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But this is just what I needed this morning a good laugh... Thank you x

I laughed more at the woman than the children:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    My DS was two weeks late, and have never been on time for anything in his life ever since! :o

:rotfl::rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Thank you thepearce I'll have a look at that later
    Vorsprung Durch technik:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    Morning all
    RL has been s**t these last few days..teenage grandson grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But this is just what I needed this morning a good laugh... Thank you x

Morning all:)

Think the best bit is when I assume it's their mum skids into action :rotfl: glad to have put a smile on your face HILLBERN :A
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    pippo wrote: »
    You wouldn't believe how hard it is to be a patient transport volunteer, believe me, I'm trying!

I meant to reply to this yesterday. :o

You are all worth your weight in gold. :A

Do you know it never entered my head the transport from Poole to S'ton as it's quite a long way might have been a volunteer so sorry if I offended you pippo, I assumed it was some sort of official transport, it certainly wasn't a normal family car. Wrong either way whether paid or not for admin to book in transport for my mum before the working day actually started.

On the other hand my mum had the most lovely volunteer that took her and a few others to the day hospice every Friday. He was always on time and used to carry her handbag out to the car. :A
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I meant to reply to this yesterday. :o

You are all worth your weight in gold. :A

Do you know it never entered my head the transport from Poole to S'ton as it's quite a long way might have been a volunteer so sorry if I offended you pippo, I assumed it was some sort of official transport, it certainly wasn't a normal family car. Wrong either way whether paid or not for admin to book in transport for my mum before the working day actually started.

On the other hand my mum had the most lovely volunteer that took her and a few others to the day hospice every Friday. He was always on time and used to carry her handbag out to the car. :A
    Crikey TS, I'm not offended, sorry if it came across that way. Just saying that I have been trying to sign up to do volunteer transporting, but they are full up round here. My friends OH does it and I think the people he takes must be well impressed when he turns up in his new Jag! He sometimes does trips over 100 miles too.

You are right about the early booking though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure