IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

KNOCK KNOCK Mrs May, anyone at home ??? what are you doing about these CCJ's

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 2:35PM
    This is a campaign of asking people to keep sending Theresa May actual hard copies of the letters they've been deluged with. Let her advisers' desks overflow with annoying paperwork re PPCs.

Do not do this by email - make your paperwork land with a thump on desks, just like it all landed in a very unwelcome way on your doormat.

Apparently the DCLG are looking to make an announcement before the year end so let's make MP's and Mrs May aware that action needs to be strong. You can be sure that the BPA and IPC suits are lobbying Parliament and meeting their friends in suits.

So let the consumers' voices be heard.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 2:35PM
    This is a campaign of asking people to keep sending Theresa May actual hard copies of the letters they've been deluged with. Let her advisers' desks overflow with annoying paperwork re PPCs.

Do not do this by email - make your paperwork land with a thump on desks, just like it all landed in a very unwelcome way on your doormat.

Apparently the DCLG are looking to make an announcement before the year end so let's make MP's and Mrs May aware that action needs to be strong. You can be sure that the BPA and IPC suits are lobbying Parliament and meeting their friends in suits.

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    C-M ..... That is a brilliant statement, mind if I use it in my next letter to Theresa .... please ??
  • Coupon-mad
    I am sure Carthesis will be along to confirm if he's OK for others to use it! This isn't mine, just good as inspiration for others.

I also really liked HO87's posts a few days ago (as you know) about the British public being 'disenfranchised'. If anyone wants to use HO87's words to inspire them, search this forum board for that word. HO87 posted some terrific wording debunking the myths about the entire scam.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I am sure Carthesis will be along to confirm if he's OK for others to use it! This isn't mine, just good as inspiration for others.

Are you happy with this Carthesis
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    It might also be a good idea to copy these letters to the Leader of the Opposition.

That way, when Mr Corbyn gets his weekly allocation of six questions at PMQs, he might use one of them to ask "Will the Prime Minister give an assurance to the House that the Government is taking urgent action to curb the activities of private parking companies?".

He might even get a substantive answer on that point, which he certainly isn't on Brexit, grammar schools, foreign worker statistics, the NHS etc.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Coupon-mad
    bargepole wrote: »
    It might also be a good idea to copy these letters to the Leader of the Opposition.

That way, when Mr Corbyn gets his weekly allocation of six questions at PMQs, he might use one of them to ask "Will the Prime Minister give an assurance to the House that the Government is taking urgent action to curb the activities of private parking companies?".

He might even get a substantive answer on that point, which he certainly isn't on Brexit, grammar schools, foreign worker statistics, the NHS etc.
    Good point well made.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 2:36PM

• Coupon-mad
    edited 7 August 2020 at 2:37PM
    Bump - linking one of HO87's recent eloquent posts:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71425942#post71425942

• Looking through the links that you have all posted - Many Thanks for these - it's increasingly looking like a national scandal is happening here. Money is changing hands through a chain, starting with the DVLA. And the DVLA is accountable to HM Government.
    The huge numbers involved suggest I'm not the only motorist involved in the shambles. There must be so many motorists much much more vulnerable than myself.
    I'm going to get writing as suggested, including letters to politicians. Some 'divine intervention' is definitely needed from HM Government.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure