Selling your soul to the devil

Comments

• Skilos
    Skilos Posts: 1,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    BlueBella wrote: »
    The prize is a selection of Astonish cleaning products!!! How will this prize help her celebrate in style???

Maybe she has this on her party playlist. ;)
  • Skilos wrote: »
    Maybe she has this on her party playlist. ;)

Maybe she won the outfit to celebrate her 50th in style too! :rotfl:
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Even when a company runs an app comp, you still see people posting their sob stories on their page under the post with the link to the app! :rotfl:

Seen this during the advents, comp was an app yet they added sob stories about granddads, fires and cancer to the comp page :mad:
    2018 wins-12wins
  • MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm certain I've instantly disqualified myself many a time (especially on Twitter) when Yours/Simply Be or some such company that caters for larger ladies (myself included) are giving away an outfit which appears to make the model look HUGE :p Can't resist telling them so and that I wouldn't appear dead in it ;)

Makes me laugh to read all the comments about how gorgeous/wonderful/desirable the hideous outfit is ...
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    OMG I have just seen ANOTHER post by the 49 year old!

wow what an amazing prize..#win...loved liked dreamed and shared with my best chum Michelle Danton....it is my 50th birthday this month and this would really help me celebrate in style... thank you for the chance...good luck all...x.

https://www.facebook.com/loveitmagazine/photos/a.197342543639907.45131.110772898963539/1358091344231682/?type=3&theater (The prize is a selection of Astonish cleaning products!!! How will this prize help her celebrate in style???

OMG PLease someone has to comment on her post to ask her what date her birthday is!

A few people have replied to her comment - you should read them lol.
    Btw, just seen the same comment to win some tulip bulbs. I can't wait to find out what she comes up with tomorrow. :D
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Soletrader facebook comp to win UGG boots had some really cringing 'reasons why you should win' posts!!
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    MimiJane wrote: »
    I'm certain I've instantly disqualified myself many a time (especially on Twitter) when Yours/Simply Be or some such company that caters for larger ladies (myself included) are giving away an outfit which appears to make the model look HUGE :p Can't resist telling them so and that I wouldn't appear dead in it ;)

Makes me laugh to read all the comments about how gorgeous/wonderful/desirable the hideous outfit is ...

Some of the clothes are really awful and some of the models look painfully thin and ill to me :(
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • Pickles89
    Pickles89 Posts: 123 Forumite

(The prize is a selection of Astonish cleaning products!!! How will this prize help her celebrate in style???)

MAYBE IT'S MONICA FROM FRIENDS?! :shocked:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • chrissie57
    chrissie57 Posts: 4,857 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Well, I have enjoyed this thread and laughed at quite a lot of it :rotfl:

BUT...just went to enter a B&Q comp to win a fridge and read this:

"As a mum in a household of 11 with all these kids it has to be a "cold wet flannel" in a sandwich bag 😱 my 7year old has leukaemia and frequent temperatures means this is a godsend 😘 which a fridge this size would be too liked and shared"

To be honest I just wanted to cry and I really think I want to give up on these types of comps

It also highlights another aspect of this issue which hasn't been addressed on this thread - the number of people who reply urging the company to choose this person OR even offer to donate the prize to them if they win...:cool:
    "If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. "
    A.A. Milne

We are such stuff
    As dreams are made on; and our little life
    Is rounded with a sleep.

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced (James Baldwin)
  • andrew71
    andrew71 Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    dontone wrote: »
    A few people have replied to her comment - you should read them lol.
    Btw, just seen the same comment to win some tulip bulbs. I can't wait to find out what she comes up with tomorrow. :D
    Be Lucky

My favourite part of her comment is that she shared it with her best friend.

I bet her best friend loves her :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport