PV Solar Uk Ltd / Free Electricity 4U Ltd

Comments

• Of course the trouble with anonymous forums is that people like to say things that they wouldn't dare say to your face. I'm not a salesman for RED, just a very satisfied customer. I'm not a liar and I don't live in Blackpool.

My system was commissioned on 23 November but too late for anything to be generated that day. OK, so that was actually 9 days as I had read the 55kw on the meter on 2 December - my mistake.

The SAP calculation suggests 3000kw per year, but the figure from the Eversol solar PV software that he also gave me says if would be more like 2890kw. Divided by 52, that actually does give 55kw per week. Granted that doesn't take into account the shorter days in winter.

I telephoned RED this morning when I saw the reply to my post - Stuart said he was pleasantly surprised by the output, but that but we've had a nice sunny couple of weeks (with no snow on the panels), so it's probably as good as I could expect at this time of year.

He also said he'd have a look at the forum and give me a figure for a 3.9kw system in Gibraltar and see how it stacks up against 10kw per day.
    if you don't want to be called a liar then you should make sure you get your facts correct before posting as the seven days as now turned into 9 days ,blackpool has the same latitude as preston and preston must have been the only place in the uk with no snow on the roofs ,gizmosmum is producing a realistic 4 kw per day at the moment and mine is producing about 2kw per day ,so 8kw per day is a bit unbeleivable
  • stureid wrote: »
    Hi

I have to be careful here as I don't want to breach the forum rules re advertising. I don't have the data for Gibraltar (non-UK data is sparse on my software), but I've produced the inverter manufacturers' software report for Lanzarote, and for Preston where the actual system in question is.

Unfortunately as a user with few posts, I can't link to them, but they are available if you go to my website:
    www redrenewables co uk/misc/lanzarote.pdf
    www redrenewables co uk/misc/preston.pdf

You'll have to but the dots in, hopefully that'll work.

Lanzarote - 5771kWh p.a. = mean average 15.8kWh per day
    Preston - 2878kWh p.a. = mean average 7.9kWh per day

55kWh over nine days is good but the weather has been kind(ish) in Preston and the roof is 40deg so snow tends to run off (unfortunately I have a customer in Colne with a 30deg roof who hasn't had anything over the last few days because the snow's been bad over there).
    google search pv estimation and click on the first result and you can get a est for anywhere in europe
  • bugle1 wrote: »
    google search pv estimation and click on the first result and you can get a est for anywhere in europe

http://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvgis/apps4/pvest.php# Here you go - it provides monthly estimates for anywhere in the world. Average for mine is 3.3 kwh per day for November and 1.8kwh per day for December.

It's easy to get confused with all the figures floating around ....
    Target of wind & watertight by Sept 2011 :D
  • bugle1
    bugle1 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Gizmosmum wrote: »
    Here you go - it provides monthly estimates for anywhere in the world. Average for mine is 3.3 kwh per day for November and 1.8kwh per day for December.

It's easy to get confused with all the figures floating around ....
    thanks for that ,i couldn't post the link as i am a newbie ,just shows 55kwh for a week in december is a bit much ,perhaps he is a fisherman:beer:
  • daytona600 wrote: »
    £15.5k for a system , and they supplied a unknown
    chinese inverter , you can get a 100% european system
    you where overcharged

You keep saying people have been overcharged but don't actually provide any indication as to what would be a reasonable cost.

You said that paying £9.9k for a 3.29kwp system was too expensive yet the other 6 quotes I have received are all much, much more expensive.
  • stureid
    stureid Posts: 14
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The Eversolar isn't unknown - it's available from several of my wholesalers. It is a Chinese built device, but to a German specification.

The Eversolar has a startup voltage of 125V, as opposed to the 250V on an SMA Sunnyboy 3800, for example. This means it will give a longer output period each day, and on a dull day may be the difference between getting something and getting nothing.

It has the same guarantee length as all the others, too, at five years, which they will extend to 10 years for £300 - much less than SMA want for the same thing.
  • I'd love to know how much carbon it takes to ship over Chinese inverters and panels. I'm not convinced it makes carbon saving sense regardless of the quality.
    Target of wind & watertight by Sept 2011 :D
  • stureid wrote: »
    The Eversolar isn't unknown - it's available from several of my wholesalers. It is a Chinese built device, but to a German specification.

The Eversolar has a startup voltage of 125V, as opposed to the 250V on an SMA Sunnyboy 3800, for example. This means it will give a longer output period each day, and on a dull day may be the difference between getting something and getting nothing.

It has the same guarantee length as all the others, too, at five years, which they will extend to 10 years for £300 - much less than SMA want for the same thing.
    the aurora also has a start up of 125v and having it installed with pvsolar uk comes with a 10 year insurance backed warranty on all parts of the installation:T
  • stureid
    stureid Posts: 14
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My point was that Eversolar are happy to extend their warranty for just £300 which should be indicative of their confidence in the product.

A point on the warranty insurance - what you are getting is an insurance against the company in question going bust, whereupon the insurance company will honour the installer's warranty. This means that the installer's warranty must specifically cover the parts and labour for the full ten years if you are to hope for a free repair if the inverter packs in.

You would have to check the installer's warranty terms and conditions to ensure that they are covering the parts beyond their five year guarantee, and not just offering the ten years on their labour.
  • lowbrim
    lowbrim Posts: 489
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Unless you have a decent sized roof facing due South (exactly) and no obstructions in front of it you are wasting your money. This is the criteria that all the free offers are on and they know exactly what they are doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure