PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Comments

• nat82
    nat82 Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    Hi Everyone!

I am fairly new to the MSE website but have to say that I absolutely love the Old Style board!

I am mum to my 6 year old DD and 2 year old DS and loyal OH! I currently work full time as a midwife but cutting my hours a bit in the new year to allow myself to be at home a bit more with the family (I work 12.5 hour shifts so when I'm working I don't get to see them). This has got me thinking about ways to save money and with the thanks to this board (esp MBAZs thread on feeding a family of 4 for £20 a month!) I have a new found love for my slow cooker and OH is going to buy me a breadmaker and chest freezer with his Jan bonus! Hooray! Maybe we won't be as hard up as I first feared in 2009 .......!

Hope you've all had a great Christmas and looking forward to a moneysaving New Year!

:T
  • Hello Everyone.

I havent been on this site for months but going to be using this site more from now on.

Im Sarah mum to Aimee 2yr ( hence the username) and Connor 7yr. Im working part time at a local daynursery so what to start getting my house in order in many ways.

Hope to speak to you all soon.
    Sarah, who is trying to make small changes :money:
  • Hi to all

I'm a long-time lurker and newbie poster. I've just turned 42, happily single and work for Jobcentre Plus :eek: . Used to have loads of debt but managed to get it all cleared off over a year ago and I haven't looked back since. Using this board and soaking up the moneysaving tips went a long way to helping me do that so I'm kind of hooked on it now and even joined the January grocery challenge:j .

Hope 2009 is good to all.
    Gloveman
    Debt - What debt? - aaaaaaalllll gone now!
    [strike]
    £thousands
    [/strike] :j
  • annie_d
    annie_d Posts: 933 Forumite
    I am a Senior Sister/Nurse Manager on a Unit for people with VERY challenging behavior.
    My children are grown and flown the coup and my husband is an absolute spendaholic. We earn a lot between us and should be rich, but he spends and spends, despite my best intentions. x
  • Hi all, I've been lurking for ages, finally got around to getting an account (that's one New Year Resolution I can tick off the list already). I grew up cooking cakes with my nana and still have a sweet tooth for it (still haven't got the knack for pastry that she had but I'm working on it), and I'm on a real mission to cut back on spending and clear the house as I've been engaged to my OH for 6 years and I'd love to be able to afford to get married one day soon.
  • I've posted a few times but never did an intro. I'm the mum of six boys, aged from 14 years to just 5 months. It's a busy house and I love it (well, mostly! LOL). I got into deep debt many years ago and managed to clear it and Learned My Lesson Well, so OS is often just how we live :-)
  • kezz
    kezz Posts: 119 Forumite
    Hi, Im new here. I was on here briefly a few years back but only for the occasional post. Im 41, live with my partner and have 2 sons, 19 and 5 years old. I work part time making cold calls (sorry):o and want to clear our debts. Thought this would be a good place to start.
  • katholicos
    katholicos Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    I've posted in OS quite a few times but haven't got around to introducing myself properly. I am a single mum of two teens and a dog (a real dog, not a hubbie who i think is ugly). I live on a low income and am always trying to discover new ways of economising and cutting back. I don't have an extravagant lifestyle and i'm quite low maintenance. I'm in to being a homemaker and though it doesn't really come natural to me, i'm enjoying learning and i'm loving this board and MSE in general.
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • Hi everyone,
    I'm a 17yr old (on the 29th), i own a yorkshire terrier, called lily- she's my baby, and i'm a part time kitchen assistant(sp). I'm one of those people who post in the early hours of the morning as i suffer from insomnia and stress(sounds silly really:o ) I am currently looking for a full time job (to no avail!):rolleyes: and in my (lengthy) spare time i cruise around on here, getting crafty(as of yesterday(1st)) to help me reach my New Years resolution, which is to make £1000 aside from my wages and my sealed pot challenge :o ... will i make it?!?!lol:rotfl: I'm thinking about asking for some MSE books for bday, but i don't really know which ones to ask for, i have read some reviews but i still don't know:rotfl:
    ..xx
    I am only me, no pretences, no second guesses.. It's the best I can do, I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you... I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you :A
  • trish123
    trish123 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Hi everyone,been lurking for some time and decided to join in this year.Im married with 4 kids ages 13,10,4 and 4 months.Ilive in scotland and work part time a.s a nursery nurse
    :rolleyes: Jan grocery challenge £300/£210 spent so far.I can do this:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport