Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Here's to finished rooms soon :)

That colour sounds nice (sorry! ;)). Am thinking of doing some decoration with my unexpected free time, think may go for a new colour rather than using up spare paint, but need to ponder. Only a little space to start with so shouldn't be too pricey.
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Oh no falling in a shop packed with tripping hazards no doubt :mad:

Can remember my Mum making :embarasse so glad you could carry on... Without fuss.

Hope today you are not too sore.... And bedroom is progressing .... The colour of the new paint is?
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    The new paint is a hint of lilac or similar.

Has another fall today.
    Went down hard & could not get up for love nor money.
    Luckily enough someone I know came along in their car & jumped out to help :) Not feeling too grand at the mo & feeling very very wobbly. Bah.

CH service tomorrow so more $$$'s but really really needs done.
    Seem to be leaking money at the moment.

Local & very friendly post office closes tomorrow :(
    Was something else but I have forgotten.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel stronger soon :grouphug:
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • patanne
    patanne Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Well lilac is ok - not as good as white preferably brilliant white but it is yours not mine so I will go with that. As to the fall - well ** fit in whatever several letter swear word you feel appropriate. So things to be grateful for - you didn't fall in a puddle and everyone thought you had wet yourself. Always someone worse off than yourself I guess.

I say this because I have a friend who used to suffer from epileptic fits (no longer I am pleased to say & without medication). One of her earlier fits (still in her teens) she had a fit on a Friday night out and landed up in a puddle. People can be cruel.
  • patanne
    patanne Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Really sorry to hear about local PO. They can be a real lifeline. I was lucky, when our local postmaster retired a local shop took over and they are actually open longer hours, which I thought couldn't happen and even better stayed local.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh beanie ... it must be so difficult to cope with what you have to cope with. I'm glad that at least you can come on here - but sometimes its even hard to get online, isn't it :(

I'm lucky with post offices - the one in the centre of town closed and reopened in WHSmith - and there's a tiny one the same distance away, that closed down too, but reopened further along the village street, in a newsagent. Maybe the same will happen? Can you do more online? I know when I have an Amazon sale to post, I buy the stamps online now, but of course you have to have a printer ....

Take care xxx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    71 years today since the liberation Auschwitz/Belsen.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh my. That puts all our faffing about into perspective! Thanks for that, beanie, appreciated.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Oh my. That puts all our faffing about into perspective! Thanks for that, beanie, appreciated.

It does doesn't it.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback