Looking for the silver lining

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,822
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I am so glad that you enjoyed coffee & a scone.
    Shove said van on gumtree.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,100
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just been looking on internet and We Buy Any Car buy vans with no tax/mot and they can collect. There are one or two other similar ones too. I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Just been looking on internet and We Buy Any Car buy vans with no tax/mot and they can collect. There are one or two other similar ones too. I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow.

I was going to suggest them, it's not as tho you want to sit about waiting for people to come view. And at least if they give you a price you can say yay or nay. Simple hopefully.

I would ask on the car forum if they are ok tho - I know nothing about it. However it is the easiest way I would think.

Very glad you went to have the coffee. You need that, we all do.

XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    They did have a bad reputation but that might have changed sonce tha awful publicity.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    Got the name wrong - it's We Want Any Car. To be honest if we get about £1k for it I'll be happy. Mr SA doesn't want to be hasty but the way I see it the longer it sits there the less it's worth. One thing I don't want is the hassle of advertising it and people coming round umming and arring.

Anyway I'm pleased to report that after doing WW online for a whole week (mostly!) I've lost 1lb :) Only 10 to go. Package of WW stuff is due to be delivered today so no excuses!

Mr SA has been to the dentist today for the first time in well over a year and is pleased all he needed was a clean. So £18 spend in that department.

I've got a Mr M delivery coming later which will be £87.44 - well over the usual weekly spend but have ordered quite a few ingredients for my WW plan and we had also run out of tons of stuff annoyingly this week. I've also got to nip to Mr S at lunchtime to pick up a few things that either Mr M don't sell or I need to physically see before buying. Hopefully should be about £10 or less. I'm going to start reporting on here what I spend every day sorry if it's boring but it might keep me on the straight and narrow.
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    August already!

WW stuff arrived - really pleased with it all and the journal is fab. Much better than when I was a member a few years ago.

You might be able to remember a couple of weeks ago when Mr SA had a care assessment and the social worker didn't turn up, well they rebooked it for yesterday afternoon. I took the afternoon off work, was halfway home when Mr SA rang to say they'd just cancelled the appointment as the social worker had called in sick. Seething! More wasted time!

Anyway, payday yesterday so have paid another £120 off debt. This now stands at £1800. VSP is now £233.68. Budgets for the coming month are all in place. Yesterday's spends were:
    £21.11 Frontline Spot On (cats)
    £15.00 Superdrug (toiletries for me)
    £0.55 Morrisons (bread rolls)
    £10.00 (cash for Mr SA's wallet)
    Total £46.66

Had my nails done yesterday afternoon, taking advantage of the afternoon off so at least something came out of it, but this had been pre-paid for a couple of weeks ago via Wahanda.

Today's spends:
    £12 - Pizza Hut for tonight's dinner (payday treat)
    £1.35 - coffee at work
    Total £13.35
    Can't think of anything else to add.

Spends coming up this weekend - local festival.

Last but not least, the van is going on Tuesday. We Want Any Car don't normally do home visits to buy vehicles but after I explained the circumstances have made an exception. Mr SA is coming round to the idea as he just wants rid of it now but is feeling stressed about it. However, the carer will be there with him to supervise so should be ok.

Feel like things are getting sorted now.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,822
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I feel a wee complaint to SW department coming on!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    Too right Beanie! How rubbish is she? Just wait until the next letter arrives telling me what date and time I have to be home for with no thought to how convenient or not it is.

Mr SA has already started with the "are we going for a coffee" pestering. Told him if we are going to festival then we can't do both. Let the battle commence!
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Forumite
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Just wait until the next letter arrives telling me what date and time I have to be home for with no thought to how convenient or not it is.

Outrageous short notice of cancellation! Presumably the woman's team leader knew she wasn't at work by 0930 (at the latest). If there really was no-one available to take over her appointments, then someone should have got in touch with you immediately.

How about pre-empting their next letter?
    Complain in writing, including your financial loss for taking time off work, then give a list of dates / times when you can be available for the re-scheduled appointment.
    Be interesting to see how SW dept responds..
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Mr SA has already started with the "are we going for a coffee" pestering. Told him if we are going to festival then we can't do both. Let the battle commence!

What is the main attraction of 'going for a coffee' for MrSA? If asked, would he say it's the taste, the trip into town, an excuse to do other shopping, what?
    If he's a big fan of 'barista' frothy mixes, then it might be worth working out the economics of getting a machine at home?

..Hope you enjoy the festival! :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    Thanks Robin - good idea re next letter. Will definitely email a complaint. Coffee-wise I just think he likes sitting in the coffee shop. We've got a Tassimo with Costa pods but he says it's not the same.

Anyway I won the coffee battle :). He sulked a bit but I persisted. So total spend today was just £2.43 at local shops. DS came round with GD this afternoon so got to cuddle her again.

We decided to go to festival tomorrow as the weather forecast is better. Been showery today but right now it's the best part of the day blue skies and sunshine at 8pm.

TV is playing up tonight. We have sound but no picture. No doubt this is because we are about to sell the van. Every time we get a bit of extra money something breaks down. Really annoying. It's quite old though and has been playing up for a while so maybe it's time to replace it.

Mr SA has been a bit off today, very sleepy and his speech is slurry. He's not been on the ale by the way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport