PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Monday 6th February

Comments

• Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning All,

Been missing in action the last couple of weeks so hope everyone is ok.
    DB dropped at Manchester Airport this morning at 6.30, lots of the snow has melted but quite foggy, but the main roads seemed mostly clear.
    We have no boiler at the moment so no heating or hot water:eek: luckily we have a coal fire so kept reasonably warm last night. DH will buy the parts to fix it hopefully today otherwise it will be a new boiler which we don't have the money for. :(
    Will go out to work with DH today otherwise its sitting in a cold house which I dont fancy. Lots of ebay parcels to post.
    Hoping to get on with the house and either put up to sell or rent in the very near future.
    All a bit fed up today but hopefully we will have a warm house by tonight.
    Have a good day all J x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • miffy257
    miffy257 Posts: 890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all, no snow or frost here but quite chilly. Hope the snow clears soon, my brother is due to go to Spain today to stay with a friend on his boat. He really needs a holiday so hope he gets away OK.
    Hugs to all who need them. have a safe day and keep warm.
    £180.00 in 'sistercas'fund
    Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
    Samuel Smiles
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Morning :hello:

I'm going to dig my bike out of the back of the shed today and take it to the bike shop. I haven't ridden it for ages and it could do with a good service. The gears are clunky and the chain guard has snapped and fallen off. I could do it myself but they'll do a better job and much quicker too. £18 plus parts. I only paid £100 for the bike, I'll have to work out if it'll be cheaper to just buy a new one.

I have some bits and pieces to sort for ebay/charity shop but that won't get done today - mr tru is taking a holiday day and NOTHING gets done when he's here, he manages to get in the way, even when he's in a different room :D
    Bulletproof
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Morning

HH - Positive vibes coming your way for work xx
    ESMF - Hugs to you hope your feeling brighter this morning xx
    KB - Go steady on that hill xx
    FMW - Only good thing is that high heels work as spikes :D
    RR - Hope DD enjoys the creche :D
    NMLC - Our 2 schools use text messages to send alerts ;)
    Adelight - I use empty juice bottles too ;)
    MH - Make the most of your free evening - Sit and reeeeeelax :D
    CG - :eek:are you ok :eek:
    Miffy - Hope DB makes his trip x

Have walked to school, very slippy :D, Snow is gradually going :T. Nothing today apart from the usual, DD1 is home nothing life threatning just tired i think :o.

Tea tongiht LO Beef with cauli cheese or i may roll it over :p.

Take care peeps xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • jaxx46
    jaxx46 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Morning All,
    Still plenty of snow here & the dogs are still loving it, wanting to go out every 5 minutes. Unfortunately my bones are not & the OA & sciatica have been particularly bad so will be taking it very slow today. Have managed to put some food out for birdies & emptied the kettle into their water bowl, after making a much needed coffee of course. will see if I can get someone to clear me a path to the greenhouse in a bit so that I can hobble down and check on my overwintering plants, hopefully they will be ok as they are all swaddled in gardening fleece. Need to check pond as well & make sure pump is still running. Dinner tonight is stuffed hearts done in the slowcooker before Christmas so will get them out of the freezer in a mo have also got hm mash in there & plenty of veg, especially done with days like this in mind :)
    All of you having to go out to work do school runs etc please take care,
    Hugs, spoons & hi5's as usual and a special hi to those MIA x

jaxx
    Sometimes not moving backwards is as much an achievement as moving forwards is on other times. (originally posted by kidcat)

It's only a bargain if you were going to buy it anyway!
  • Morning all well the snow arrived on Saturday night and now is melting fairly quickly in north Kent and the sun is shining very brightly at the moment thank goodness.I am just waiting for my friend June to arrive for a few days as she is going to paper my bedroom for me bless her.I will be glad to see the back of the snow as I hate the stuff and I am not very mobile on my pins and don't 'bounce ' very well
    Hope everyone has a good day and keeps wrapped up well bring on the spring
    Cheers chums
    JackieO xxx
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone.

Snow lingering but we've had very light rain and its all slushy and not frozen. Roads are clear so life carries on as normal, fancy that ;) the way the news reports are I thought the earth had ground to a halt <rollseyes>

Plans today are to pop out and run some errands, have lunch at my mums and then tackle housework and a bit of zumba. Exciting stuff :rotfl:

No idea whats for tea, either bacon cakes or baked chicken and mustard BBQ sauce.

esmf - hope you are doing OK today xx

Hester - hope work is not too pants for you x

Julie - hope DH can fix the boiler xx

Our new to us DW doesn't seem to be working properly :( It washed everything fine but was being noisy for ages and hasn't dried off any of the contents. Not sure if I opened it too early, will have to pay more attention to what time it gets put on and when it finishes tonight.

Hugs and spoons all round. have a good day OS or not.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • mrsd
    mrsd Posts: 255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning

Just damp here this morning. DD &DS have gone to school think they were looking forward to a snow day. I think I will get wet going to work today.

OS WM & DW on, packed lunches is beef sandwiches LO from last nights dinner, tonights will be HM rolls with soup made from LO veg and sauce from SC from last night. Will do extra rolls and make mini pizzas for tomorrows lunch. Now off to vacuum and then wash kitchen floor.

HH we have new machines coming Thurs, am now dreading it. Old ones keep breaking down so need replacing but hope everyone can use the new ones.

Thoughts to everyone.
    Thoughts to all. Mrs D.
    Grocery challenge £52/£150 for June.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning,
    Snow is melting,helped by some heavy rain about 5 am when the dog very inconsiderately wanted a wee:D.Main roads arefine though.The car has still not been picked up by the people who bought it even though they paid for it last week-the chap was struggling to get s.o. to come with him.

DH & DS2 have a week+ inside doing some work for some friends,and its only 10 mins away :j
    Todays plans are more laundry,soup making,bit of tidying,tea is chicken breasts(not sure what yet)might be Thai curry,and hopefully some sewing.Not sure yet whether DGD will come after tea today or tomorrow.Her Nanna sent a brill photo of her posing in the snow sat in a Bumbo (a kind of baby seat) in a sledge,looking a bit bemused at all the white stuff.Oh and she's got her first tooth :)

Candy- hope you manage to sort stuff with your daughter.Your plans for the courses sound good.
    Bitsy- I'm always surprised at how long our DW actually takes to finish its cycle,lets hope its just that.
    Julie-hope the boiler is sorted soon,its the hot water I miss the most if anything goes kaput.
    JackieO-Happy decorating :)

xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Good morning x
    Hester - hope that you have a much calmer day at work today:eek:
    Esmf - hugs x

Im confined to barracks. I took a turn on Saturday and have spent the last two days in bed. I reckon it is the best place to be though with all the ice that is around. Molly dog hated her walk this morning as the ice was hurting her paws:(

No OS for me but Kids Dad made a nice tea yesterday using one I'd made earlier:T:T:T

Keep safe and warm xx
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure